• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Season opener

pantherdad

13 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

I have this gut feeling we are going to open up the season against the Chiefs on Thursday night on NBC

Opening on thursday would be great.  Best time to do thursday night is after a bye, last preseason game is basically a bye

4 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Is your gut a certain unverified source on Twitter? 

I’ve been told this by a person on the Chiefs side whom I’ve known for years and is very reliable. 
He told me I could take this news to the bank with interest, he was that sure. 
If this doesn’t happen, I will gladly ban myself from the huddle for all of eternity

3 minutes ago, pantherdad said:

I’ve been told this by a person on the Chiefs side whom I’ve known for years and is very reliable. 
He told me I could take this news to the bank with interest, he was that sure. 
If this doesn’t happen, I will gladly ban myself from the huddle for all of eternity

You initially said this was a gut feeling.  Is this person a gastroenterologist?

I mean I can’t see any negatives if this is true. It’s prime time. If we lose then it’s nothing big as we are already expected to lose to the super bowl champs anyways, but if we win then it could be a huge statement. That being said I think we are gonna get our butts kicked. 

Why would the NFL have us on prime time the first week? I would be surprised if we are not 1 Thursday game and the rest 1pm Sunday games. If we do get a prime time game it will probably be flexible.

6 minutes ago, Bostonheelfish said:

You initially said this was a gut feeling.  Is this person a gastroenterologist?

Gut feeling was probably the wrong wording lol. But I was told this last night. I’m not gonna sit here and pat myself on the back of its true, I’m 99% sure it’s a go, but if not, then oh well too. I really don’t post a lot on here because of my job, but have been a member for years. So whenever I do post, it’s got some good traction behind it

I live in KC and, if true, this might make it the first Panthers game I don't make it to here in town. There've only been 4 of them over the years, including the preseason game in 1997, but if that's the case the prices will be exorbitant. My brother lives in Denver and when we were talking about the season opener in '16 the tickets were like $600 each.

Archived