• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Important Dates

Devil Doc

Hello,

In the eve of Coronoavirus, political misadventure, civil unrest etc. I am wanting to know if the Panthers are going to hold a mini-camp? Also, what are the dates for OTA's, and Training Camp? I have not seen any updates on these. 

Looking at what the type of rules the NBA is placing on players for their Orlando bubble, I think the NFL is going to have a very hard time starting anytime soon.  Imagine having to test 90+ players everyday while closely monitoring their outside activities.  It's going to be a nightmare to enforce.  

9 minutes ago, CatTower said:

Looking at what the type of rules the NBA is placing on players for their Orlando bubble, I think the NFL is going to have a very hard time starting anytime soon.  Imagine having to test 90+ players everyday while closely monitoring their outside activities.  It's going to be a nightmare to enforce.  

Why don't they just do what the people in the medical field do. They get temp checked everyday, and screened. 

Fauci yesterday:

"Unless players are essentially in a bubble -- insulated from the community and they are tested nearly every day -- it would be very hard to see how football is able to be played this fall," Fauci said. "If there is a second wave, which is certainly a possibility and which would be complicated by the predictable flu season, football may not happen this year."

I feel like any team contact sports are not gonna happen this calendar year.

Good thing NASCAR picked a good time to stop being awful, so I have SOMETHING to watch.

1 hour ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I hope they get to play this year.  

That being said, it might actually be a good thing for the panthers if they don't, and then we get to draft from the same position as last year.  

I think we were likely heading for an even higher pick.

26 minutes ago, Captroop said:

Fauci yesterday:

I feel like any team contact sports are not gonna happen this calendar year.

Good thing NASCAR picked a good time to stop being awful, so I have SOMETHING to watch.

I think it's pretty likely. Football and basketball have the big issue of their seasons coinciding quite well with peak cold/flu season.  This poo is gonna BOOM this fall and winter.

2 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I think we will likely be better than last year.  Better defense (not that better than last year is setting the bar that high), and if TB stays healthy, better at qb.  

I haven't looked buy I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we're the Vegas underdog in every single game this coming season. Having an all new very NFL inexperienced coaching staff trying to install all new systems in a very different and abbreviated off-season environment isn't going to do us any favors either.

I think it's all a moot point anyway. This season ain't happening.

2 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I hope they get to play this year.  

That being said, it might actually be a good thing for the panthers if they don't, and then we get to draft from the same position as last year.  

Lottery like the NHL did in 2005 following a lockout with a generational player in Crosby in that next draft. Imagine if they did that, we won, and got Lawrence without ever having to tank...

10 hours ago, t96 said:

Lottery like the NHL did in 2005 following a lockout with a generational player in Crosby in that next draft. Imagine if they did that, we won, and got Lawrence without ever having to tank...

If NFL did a lottery, Dallas would win.

Archived