• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith admits he was a "Dick" to Cam

JABANOG

Just now, raz said:

makes a lot more sense now that g'man had smitty and roman harper pass in the hall on smitty's way out now.  the dickness of that move never made sense until now.

We literally were screaming it at everyone for years. Steve was a huge asshole in the locker room. And to make matters worse, his locker was in the middle on the way to the showers so everyone had to hear it. lol. 

I hate when people that don't know how the Panthers roll always bring up the release of Smitty. He legit was a complete ass hole to Cam. Management and Gettlemen wanted Cam to be the leader going forward. Smitty didn't want to wait around for Cam to "get it." Smitty still probably wanted Jake Delhomme to be his QB, if we're honest. 

3 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I hate when people that don't know how the Panthers roll always bring up the release of Smitty. He legit was a complete ass hole to Cam. Management and Gettlemen wanted Cam to be the leader going forward. Smitty didn't want to wait around for Cam to "get it." Smitty still probably wanted Jake Delhomme to be his QB, if we're honest. 

Was him losing his poo at his kids flag football game before or after his release?

I think we all knew that he was an a**hole, and definitely that he had a harsh leadership style.  I didn't expect that he was being a d*ck to Cam.
Cam helped revive his career in that first year, Steve showed signs of regression his last year here, coupled with him getting injured.

Of course he bounced back with the Ravens tremendously, but just as with Cam...who knows if he would've had that Revenge Season mentality had he not been cut.

32 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Everyone has said this for years. This is why Smith was let go. He was seen as detrimental to Cam's development. 

No, it wasn’t. Like with most of Gettleman’s bad decisions, it was because Gettleman wanted to prove his greatness.

12 minutes ago, TN05 said:

No, it wasn’t. Like with most of Gettleman’s bad decisions, it was because Gettleman wanted to prove his greatness.

That's "Steve's truth." He clearly still holds a grudge about DG. I'm sure DG has a different side to the story.

Archived