• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"It's time to start giving Teddy Bridgewater the respect he deserves"

Jeremy Igo

1 minute ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Bridgewater did it without CMC, stop this crap. It's easier to win games when you have a 1,000/1,000 MVP level player.

Stop what crap? Teddy is playing better than I expected, but I've seen enough small sample sizes not holding up over time to get too excited to fast. There's a lot of gray area between "Teddy sucks" and "OMG we've found our franchise QB" and I'm gonna be in that gray area for awhile.

17 minutes ago, t96 said:

QB is one position out of 22 starters, if guys like Foles, old Brady who wasn't even good, noodle-armed Manning, etc. can win Super Bowls then Teddy certainly can. Can he carry a team to a SB by himself like Cam nearly did in 2015? No but we don't need him to and shouldn't need a QB to do that. If our coaching is for real then Teddy at QB is completely acceptable.

Our QB costs 20 million for 3 years while teams are paying 35-40 right now. 

Everyone thinks just because Cam had that 1 year 19 million (that he declined might I add), Bridgewater is overpaid, he took 10 million less then what Kirk Cousins makes... I'm not giving Teddy 37 million, but he is good for 20. 

Only way Teddy gets anything about 25 from me at the end of the 3 years is at least an MVP year.

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking for myself, my goal is a fan is to watch my team win championships.

My actual, realistic contribution toward that happening is roughly equal to not a damn thing.

My goal is for other people to accomplish things that make me feel good. If they fail I call them a loser. If they win I pretend I am special.

I hope that it’s becoming apparent to more Huddlers that physical traits are only one aspect of winning QB play.  It’s what’s between the ears that is making TB a top ten QB.  It’s approaching incredible what he has been able to do with what is essentially a virtual off season and no preseason.  While Brady may be calling the plays, he is making audible calls (like moving Samuel from the slot to RB when he saw the D was in dime) that produced a first down late in the game.  He is bringing together his experience and intelligence that is greater than the sum of its parts.  He he continues along this path, NO will be in the same boat as SD was when they choose Rivers over Brees.

2 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

I hope that it’s becoming apparent to more Huddlers that physical traits are only one aspect of winning QB play.  It’s what’s between the ears that is making TB a top ten QB.  It’s approaching incredible what he has been able to do with what is essentially a virtual off season and no preseason.  While Brady may be calling the plays, he is making audible calls (like moving Samuel from the slot to RB when he saw the D was in dime) that produced a first down late in the game.  He is bringing together his experience and intelligence that is greater than the sum of its parts.  He he continues along this path, NO will be in the same boat as SD was when they choose Rivers over Brees.

I still would like to see Cam Newton w/ weapons and good offensive coaching.  He has had 1 but not both.  Teddy has both right now. 

2 minutes ago, sml1950 said:

Teddy is definitely a smart accurate QB, but I honestly think you're underselling Brady's impact. Joe Burrow was considered a mid to late round QB prospect before Joe Brady. Enter Joe Brady and he put up straight up video game stats throwing for over 5600 yards and 60 TDs vs. 6 INTs and goes #1 overall in the draft.

And remember this: all of these new guys (including the coaches) have been playing just a few games together. They have been impressive...but once they get a season under their belt they will be even more so.  Teddy is good, real good...and the coaches know it.

I have seen a QB that fits well within the system. I have also see a year where it has been early bad football but also very exaggerated by no preseason games. I'm just happy he fits so well in an effective system and the coaches have made so much out of our roster, which has a lot of potential for improvement. He deserves respect for his play but I am not willing to pretend he doesn't have obvious limitations.

Archived