• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Brady already being talked about for Falcons head coach

Jeremy Igo

You can be the best OC ever but does not mean you will be amazing HC.  Your boss can be the smartest person but does not mean he’s a good people manager.  Rhule have a knock for bringing the best out of people.  That’s why he’s a HC.  He knows how to motivate people.  Joe Brady should learn from Rhule.

8 minutes ago, stan786 said:

Guys like Brady aren't going to wait around for a HC job.  We can give him as much money as he wants but the ultimate goal is HC for him and we've seen other young guys prove they can succeed in the past.  Enjoy him why he's here and trust Rhule and Tepper to be willing to pony up for guys like him in the future.  So glad Tepper had the guts to go out and get him.

I don’t think this is true at all. He could absolutely realize he’s not ready to be a HC and doesn’t want to fail in his first chance. Heck, are we sure he even wants to be a HC right now? I’d want to truly accomplish something first as an OC to get the job when I have more NFL coaching friends to make me successful. Who’s going to be his OC and DC? He didn’t make the Saints offense and at LSU he had the best WRs, a great RB, the best OL and a solid QB. This is his first opportunity to show off on an even playing field. He’s doing well but if he’s smart he’s not going to just jump at a chance and mess up a long successful career.

5 minutes ago, Ja Rhule said:

You can be the best OC ever but does not mean you will be amazing HC.  Your boss can be the smartest person but does not mean he’s a good people manager.  Rhule have a knock for bringing the best out of people.  That’s why he’s a HC.  He knows how to motivate people.  Joe Brady should learn from Rhule.

It would be really easy for me to find notable posters on this site saying Rhule was a bad hire because he didn't have more than a year of NFL experience. 

The only people with head coaching experience that are available have been fired. 

People on here are making a lot of arguments to convince themselves this is going to last. Someone is going to offer Brady a job, and unless it's a toxic destination like the Jets or Tepper just makes it rain all over him, he'd be stupid not to take it. 

I don't think a franchise like ATL would jump on Brady just yet. They have had a few rocky years but they're a long way from the sort of institutional dumpster fire that makes moves like that (NYJ, CIN, HOU). In 2-3 years of sustained offensive success from Brady, sure. 

Any owner hiring Brady before Eric Bieniemy this year is going to have a whole lot of explaining to do, and it's not all going to be about football.  

28 minutes ago, Jeremy Igo said:

Joe Brady is already being talked about in head coaching circles. This from SportingNews:

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/dan-quinn-falcons-replacement-candidates/maiypm3vseir1wh4fmrpujjtg

IMO, Brady won't do this. He is way too inexperienced to be a head coach now. Give him 2 more years and then MAYBE. 

If he's smart he'll make the jump the first chance he gets. Some very good coordinators stay on the HC interview circuit for years before getting that HC shot if they ever get it. Looking at the money HCs are making these days, just one of those contracts is changing your family's prospects for generations to come. Go get that bag the first time someone is willing to dangle it. Don't look back.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If he's smart he'll make the jump the first chance he gets. Some very good coordinators stay on the HC interview circuit for years before getting that HC shot if they ever get it. Looking at the money HCs are making these days, just one of those contracts is changing your family's prospects for generations to come. Go get that bag the first time someone is willing to dangle it. Don't look back.

If he's smart he'll jump at the first chance he gets to succeed. Going into the NYJ shitshow at age 31 is virtually guaranteeing your name is on the list of guys with a sub-25% winning percentage and fired within 3 years, making a job with a real NFL franchise much harder to get in the future.

Brady is probably smart enough to wait to become a HC for the absolute right opportunity. I mean, why would he just jump to join a perennial dumpster fire in Atlanta when he could wait a bit and maybe go to a better franchise like the Pats, Seahawks, Broncos, even Vikings/Texans probably better opportunities than Atlanta.

Just now, t96 said:

Brady is probably smart enough to wait to become a HC for the absolute right opportunity. I mean, why would he just jump to join a perennial dumpster fire in Atlanta when he could wait a bit and maybe go to a better franchise like the Pats, Seahawks, Broncos, even Vikings/Texans probably better opportunities than Atlanta.

there's like 3 or 4 of these jobs available every season. You don't get to pick perfect destinations because those places never open up. You might as well say he should hang around because the Panthers job might open up.

Atlanta has a good QB and two good WR. The owner clearly will give you a long leash. Compare that to the meddling done by like oh just from your list John Elway who has run the broncos into the ground since the Peyton super teams. 

10 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

It would be really easy for me to find notable posters on this site saying Rhule was a bad hire because he didn't have more than a year of NFL experience. 

The only people with head coaching experience that are available have been fired. 

People on here are making a lot of arguments to convince themselves this is going to last. Someone is going to offer Brady a job, and unless it's a toxic destination like the Jets or Tepper just makes it rain all over him, he'd be stupid not to take it. 

I don’t think Brady is going to get an NFL HC job only after 1 season.  Would be a huge gamble by a team.

Joe Brady is a 31 year old man who is actually in his 1st OC job anywhere (Was only passing cord at LSU). 

HCs are over Offense, Defense, Special teams, team politics, player's personal lives, plus are mostly the face of an organization outside of the players.

Joe Brady doesn't strike me as a guy who is going to jump into a HC after 2 jobs in two years. 

David Tepper has pissed off the whole NFL once with his massive deal to Matt Rhule, I would not be suprised to see Tepper offer Brady 3.0-3.5 million to keep him here.

No way Brady goes anywhere this year or next imo. I'm fairly confident that the Panthers will turn down the interviews to at least get him through Teddy's contract.

Plus, Eric Bienemy is going to be the guy to get and he is going to get his pick of the litter. 

Archived