• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video - Greg Little run blocking.

Jeremy Igo

6 minutes ago, bababoey said:

It's not run blocking or pass blocking that is the problem for Little.  I have seen him excel at both.  The problem for him is consistency.  On one play he looks All-Pro followed by the next play look All-Poo.   He stoned Bosa a few times in  the Charges game when he used speed and power and then the guy across from Bosa made Little look like he had never seen a football game in his life.  That's not coaching.  That's a lack of concentration from Little.  Coaching can't really fix that, he has to fix that on his own.

Consistency is a problem for all young players Especially when we're talking about only having 7 real games experience right?

Between Little and Moton I think I like the future at Tackle, no need for a kick inside, we're not going to be drafting high enough to get a more premium prospect, and free agent T's are more expensive that G's even at / above average. This is Little's 2nd season after a rookie year on IR after 3 games, with no real prior to season work. 

I think we add a capable G, and we might have that in Daley as he finally played and I recall little issuer with him filling in for Miller. Overall I really don't recall all that much around Teddy until they sent everyone on that 3rd down. 

I think Little looks much improved vs last year. He needs some time with good coaching and mentoring from Okung. He has only started 5(?) games. It is a tough position, we need to give him some time.

I liked what I saw yesterday, I thought he looked really good. Not saying he’s perfect, but some of you seem almost desperate to find mistakes.

Again, he’s very early in his career and inexperienced. I admittedly am very optimistic in general, but I’ve seen big improvements vs. last year, and that’s all I can ask for at this point.

It looks to me like Little just needs more time in the weight room. I think his arm strength is his biggest issue. There's a reason he skipped Bench Press at the combine. He previously got 15 (Fif-fuging-teen for a Lineman) and didn't like his chances doing it again in front of the scouts. He's athletic enough to throw his body weight around, which makes him a force in run-blocking. But his arms are too weak to win a handfight or push back a charging defensive lineman. (Incidentally, that's why I don't like him any better at guard. He can't out-muscle a DE, how is he going to do against a nose tackle?)

Get him to bulk up the arms and chest, and I think he could markedly improve his pass blocking. And the good news is that's a very correctable issue.

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

If you can get an upgrade on the OL, you grab it.  Though this is promising.

Center is IMO the biggest offensive need along with a TE & QB of the future. 

Defense: LB, S, CB, DT

How do we know we need a te? It looks to me this a after thought In this new offense. Especially with cmc Anderson Moore and Samuel all fighting for targets. 

Just now, micnificent28 said:

How do we know we need a te? It looks to me this a after thought In this new offense. Especially with cmc Anderson Moore and Samuel all fighting for targets. 

We use them for blocking and our current TEs aren't very good at it.  So the investment wouldn't be a high end pick or anything like that but someone who can do that job better than what we have/use them for.

Archived