• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF recap of the game

AU-panther

2 hours ago, AU-panther said:

PFF is trash but you agree with them?  interesting

You should look up where they have Teddy ranked among all QBs.  It might make your argument even better.

Yea PFF is trash but that doesn’t mean everything they say is automatically wrong. Hence my next line.  PFF is a product designed to simplify football analysis for casual fans to use to sound like they know what they’re talking about.  If you’re not able to understand football beyond stats, they give you stats based analysis.  Actual understanding comes from watching with your own eyes and applying context, which requires more thinking.  In this case, their stats align with my eyes and the context. Oftentimes it doesn’t. 

Of course, my opinion is obviously based on my own experiences and biases. I’m a language analyst, so obviously in my job you have to take context into consideration and can’t just go off of pure stats (literal meanings of words). So that’s how I’m going to look at football as well. 

2 hours ago, Eazy-E said:

Teddy is not my preferred style of QB and he has his flaws, but I still want to see what he can do with an upgraded interior line and a NFL caliber defense.

That doesn’t change the fact that if the opportunity presents itself to draft a stud QB prospect, you 100% take him.

My thing is, we know what he is. The line doesn’t even matter really. He can’t throw a good deep ball consistently whether he has 2s in the pocket or 10. Same with finding wide open receivers with the last name Moore. 

1 hour ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yea PFF is trash but that doesn’t mean everything they say is automatically wrong. Hence my next line.  PFF is a product designed to simplify football analysis for casual fans to use to sound like they know what they’re talking about.  If you’re not able to understand football beyond stats, they give you stats based analysis.  Actual understanding comes from watching with your own eyes and applying context, which requires more thinking.  In this case, their stats align with my eyes and the context. Oftentimes it doesn’t. 

Of course, my opinion is obviously based on my own experiences and biases. I’m a language analyst, so obviously in my job you have to take context into consideration and can’t just go off of pure stats (literal meanings of words). So that’s how I’m going to look at football as well. 

oops nevermind

5 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

PFF is actually not overtly statistic based, in theory. 

10 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Look back at Fua's post.

And yes, I'll take what I see and what I know about the game over stats 10 times out of 10. Especially so when people can pick and choose which stats fit their agenda.

So you are perfectly happy with Teddys performance this year and not at all concerned about Teddy not pushing the ball down the field more? 

Lol. Stats are worth their weight in context. We desperately need to invest in the offensive line. Who the hell knows if teddy is good enough because every third and long he’s ducking a blitz just to get the play off. I like the moxy. I think the arm chair takes about him going deep are weak. Nobody has time to throw right now 

4 hours ago, Jacabee said:

Lol. Stats are worth their weight in context. We desperately need to invest in the offensive line. Who the hell knows if teddy is good enough because every third and long he’s ducking a blitz just to get the play off. I like the moxy. I think the arm chair takes about him going deep are weak. Nobody has time to throw right now 

I can think of two rookie QBs with a worse offensive line and are outplaying Teddy right now. 

Perspective here. The Chiefs defense gave up the following: 

Texans: 20 pts

Chargers: 20 pts

Ravens: 20 pts

Patriots: 10 pts

Raiders: 40 pts

Bills: 17 pts

Broncos: 16 pts

Jets: 9 pts

Panthers: 31 pts

Only 1 team all year scored more points. The team punted only twice. No turnovers. Slye missed 2 FGs even though one was almost impossible. We dominated time of possession 38 min to 22 min. Chiefs punted only once and that was on their last possession.

We can be upset with Teddy for his lack of urgency on that second to last touchdown, but we are really nitpicking if we are complaining that he was throwing short when we were scoring and holding on to the ball! 

Archived