• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

at what point do you just bench tre boston to send a message

PhillyB

we're not winning more than five games this year but if you want to send a message to your team about performance and culture i think now's the time of year you start firing shots.

i'd say the interior line too but i don't think you can just bench all three 

32 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

we're not winning more than five games this year but if you want to send a message to your team about performance and culture i think now's the time of year you start firing shots.

i'd say the interior line too but i don't think you can just bench all three 

I agree. Seems like we don't have poo to lose by drawing a line in the sand on this lackluster effort we're seeing. It's wide-fuging-spread and needs to be stopped in its tracks.

I think you need to release him, to send the message. Whitehead and Boston should not even be backups. The sad thing is, we have talent on defense, but not at the linebacker level. The secondary is a different story, Donte Jackson will not tackle runners so teams ISO him. However, Whitehead takes every wrong angle and gap. I have never seen a player do this before. We are better off putting Shaq at Mike and just get someone from the PS to play Sam. It really can’t hurt at this point.

1 minute ago, philit99 said:

I think you need to release him, to send the message. Whitehead and Boston should not even be backups. The sad thing is, we have talent on defense, but not at the linebacker level. Donte Jackson will not tackle runners so teams ISO him. Whitehead take every wrong angle and gap. I have never seen a player do this before. We are better off putting Shaq at Mike and just get someone from the PS. It really can’t hurt at this point.

This 1000% just start the house cleaning early and go ahead and rid Hurney seeing as he us just as guilty with bad contracts, before he has the chance to give us anymore "gifts" on his way out.

buress is back and looks really good. do you try playing chinn at safety full time and bring up depth at OLB that you think could compete for a position next year?

boston won't be back and we're not winning anything, so what do you have to gain by keeping him on the field?

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

I've always hated when coaches discipline or bench a player to set an example, but then still trot out "their guys" onto the field that continue to suck every Sunday.

My concern is that Tre is one of "their guys". I can't see any other reason that someone else hasn't been given a shot by now. Whitehead was losing snaps to Taylor before he got hurt.

Archived