• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about Trask

Jeremy Igo

36 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

I like Mac Jones and Trey Lance better than Kyle Trask.

Lance has the athletic build and the ability to run but I’m not sold on him as a passer. Mac Jones, like Tua, has got to put up crazy numbers with some truly elite WR talent. Will he be the same playing on a team that doesn’t have better talent at every spot on offense compared the the defenses he faces while at Bama? 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

Lance has the athletic build and the ability to run but I’m not sold on him as a passer. Mac Jones, like Tua, has got to put up crazy numbers with some truly elite WR talent. Will he be the same playing on a team that doesn’t have better talent at every spot on offense compared the the defenses he faces while at Bama? 

My reasoning is purely arm talent. I'm already sick of having a QB like Teddy that has a weak arm and never goes down the field. Every report I read on Trask says his biggest weakness by far is his arm strength. I don't care how good he is in the 0-20 yard range, I want my QB being able to push the ball down the field. Lance and Jones can't do that, not sure Trask can.

Just now, FuFuLamePoo said:

My reasoning is purely arm talent. I'm already sick of having a QB like Teddy that has a weak arm and never goes down the field. Every report I read on Trask says his biggest weakness by far is his arm strength. I don't care how good he is in the 0-20 yard range, I want my QB being able to push the ball down the field. Lance and Jones can't do that, not sure Trask can.

Trask DOES push the ball downfield throw. He doesn’t dink and dunk. He plays like a QB with a big arm even though it’s average. 

4 hours ago, Varking said:

1. Lawrence

2. Fields

3. Wilson

4. Lance

5. Trask

6. Newman/Jones/TheNextFourQBs

For me

I've not seen Lance play, but the rest, I'd agree, except Trask is ahead of Wilson. I think Wilson has a live arm, but that's it. He doesn't seem to have Trask's pocket awareness. He may wind up being better in the NFL, but I wouldn't bet on it at this point.

1 hour ago, Pup McBarky said:

I've not seen Lance play, but the rest, I'd agree, except Trask is ahead of Wilson. I think Wilson has a live arm, but that's it. He doesn't seem to have Trask's pocket awareness. He may wind up being better in the NFL, but I wouldn't bet on it at this point.

Awful take. Wilson is miles ahead of Trask as a prospect.

3 minutes ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

Awful take. Wilson is miles ahead of Trask as a prospect.

While I agree there are a lot of things that scream potential bust with Wilson as of right now. When it comes to us taking anything other than Lawrence/Fields I admit I am worried but excited. I can find things to like or things to hate about all of them. 

8 minutes ago, Varking said:

While I agree there are a lot of things that scream potential bust with Wilson as of right now. When it comes to us taking anything other than Lawrence/Fields I admit I am worried but excited. I can find things to like or things to hate about all of them. 

I saw someone bring up on Twitter who is a Espn guy who mention Wilson to the Panthers.

He agrees Wilson’s ceiling is far beyond Teddy’s but you have to worry about the floor which Teddy has the upper hand.

On 11/18/2020 at 7:20 AM, kungfoodude said:

"...but he’s developed a bad habit in his lower half of not stepping with his lead leg (left) into throws. There are rare occurrences of him moving that leg and actually using it in his mechanics. As a result, his accuracy and velocity suffer as a result. It’s highly noticeable that a lot of his passes loft, suddenly die, or taper off during its flight to targets. Possessing a very average arm combined with this fault leads to making life hard on his targets as they’re forced to often make miraculous catches on patterns that should be routine. When operating from the pistol/shotgun, there are many examples of where the designed passing concepts and his drop back urgency hardly ever marry up. The lack of merit leads to him holding onto the ball longer than necessary or his drop back being too fast to where he’s ready to throw well before targets are ready. Trask is a below average athlete with clunky feet that make life outside of the pocket challenging. Comfortable working within the pocket, but when things break down, he drops his eyes and strictly turns into a competitive runner."

The first part reads like Cam Newton minus the arm strength. I'm also not a fan of UF QBs, there's a long list of those guys who never worked in the NFL. Is it just coincidence that no QB from Florida has been drafted since The Golden Calf of Bristol in 2010? And here are the names of those who came before him. I haven't left anyone off the list- inlcuding The Golden Calf of Bristol, these are the last 6 QBs drafted from UF: Rex Grossman, Jesse Palmer, Danny Wuerffel, Kerwin Bell, Wayne Peace....

Archived