• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Talk to me about Trask

Jeremy Igo

20 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I hope Florida beats Alabama. I hope OSU loses to Northwestern. I hope Clemson beats ND by 30. I want chaos.

No shot at OSU losing. And I’m starting to think that ND might actually be able to pull off the win again. Bama is going to kill the Gators. A&M should get the spot Clemson loses. 

7 hours ago, Varking said:

No shot at OSU losing. And I’m starting to think that ND might actually be able to pull off the win again. Bama is going to kill the Gators. A&M should get the spot Clemson loses. 

A&M shouldn’t haven’t played jack and poo all year. And their one good win, just went to meh really quick. One top 25 win for A&M. Yikes! 

It’ll be Bama, Clemson, Ohio State, and ND. 

Who it should be. Bama, Clemson, ND, and Oklahoma. Conference Champions matter. Sorry, not sorry. Regardless. Bama wins handedly. 

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

Couple mocks got Trask going to the Bears at #13.

I see him as back end of the first or early second round pick. If we picked him he’d have the same issues as Teddy in the first, no dominant red zone weapon and we would be stuck again driving the field to settle for three. Where we currently pick the selection needs to seriously consider Pitts. 

On 11/18/2020 at 6:51 AM, kungfoodude said:

I am inherently skeptical of both UF QB's and SEC QB's. That said, he was very good last year too so it isn't like a "one year wonder" situation. 

Why would you be skeptical of SEC QBs.....Manning, Manning, Cam, Stafford, Prescott, Burrow, it's not the BIG12 we're talking about.

3 hours ago, Fox007 said:

Why would you be skeptical of SEC QBs.....Manning, Manning, Cam, Stafford, Prescott, Burrow, it's not the BIG12 we're talking about.

Because of those 6 examples you were able to come up with, one is a rookie and two are average to slightly above average starters in the NFL. So you are talking about 3 players(Peyton, Cam and Dak). 

4 hours ago, Varking said:

I see him as back end of the first or early second round pick. If we picked him he’d have the same issues as Teddy in the first, no dominant red zone weapon and we would be stuck again driving the field to settle for three. Where we currently pick the selection needs to seriously consider Pitts. 

He's already ahead of where Teddy's ceiling is. He's going to be a good QB in the NFL. I picked him as my sleeper in the draft and now he's being looked at at #13. That just proved my point that the guy is ready for the NFL, while others are out there where you've got to question fit or need them to gain a few pounds.

I'd start Trask over TB now. He's had a bad game with 440+yrds. TB isn't doing what Trask is doing while having NFL calibre WRs.

If we're able to pick up Trey Lance at 7-10, not mad, high risk high reward. If the Panthers can turn that second into a first and pick up Trask, lower risk, high reward. Defense wins championships so I really don't mind prioritizing defense at 7-10 and picking a QB late first, high second.

14 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He's already ahead of where Teddy's ceiling is. He's going to be a good QB in the NFL. I picked him as my sleeper in the draft and now he's being looked at at #13. That just proved my point that the guy is ready for the NFL, while others are out there where you've got to question fit or need them to gain a few pounds.

I'd start Trask over TB now. He's had a bad game with 440+yrds. TB isn't doing what Trask is doing while having NFL calibre WRs.

If we're able to pick up Trey Lance at 7-10, not mad, high risk high reward. If the Panthers can turn that second into a first and pick up Trask, lower risk, high reward. Defense wins championships so I really don't mind prioritizing defense at 7-10 and picking a QB late first, high second.

Trask just isn’t a top half of the first round kind of guy. And I’ve followed his whole career so far as a die hard life long gator fan. He just lacks the things that teams like in the first. He’s been a godsend for the program. 

• 2 weeks later...

Trask’s 2020 season was truly a sight to behold, and if he could have gotten any help from his defense, it may be thought of in a much different light. Still, he’s already tied Joe Burrow for most big-time throws by a Power 5 quarterback in a season, and he hasn’t even played his bowl game yet.

from PFF

On 11/18/2020 at 6:51 AM, kungfoodude said:

I am inherently skeptical of both UF QB's and SEC QB's. That said, he was very good last year too so it isn't like a "one year wonder" situation. 

For SEC QBs who've done well in the NFL, there's Newton, all three Mannings, Stabler, Namath, Tarkenton, Prescott, Stafford -- it's a big conference with a lot of competition, so you've got some greats in there.

Now Florida... yeah, can't say much there. Cam came out of the program at Florida and leaving that was probably the best thing that ever happened to him.

Archived