• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NBA Draft Thread 11/18 8 PM EST ESPN. Post your rumors, picks, opinions, etc here.

I was really wanting Wiseman or Edwards. But there is definitely upside to Ball.

Like everyone else, I’m very worried about his jump shot. Defense isn’t as concerning to me. 

But the obvious positives are this. For one, we have legitimate height at the PG position finally. That’s something we haven’t seen here in who knows how long? That’s a small reason why defense isn’t as concerning. Shooters could shoot over Kemba or Monk. If Ball can improve his defense a little bit, that will be great to finally have size there.

B. There’s no denying his vision on the court. He’s an elite passer already. We need to surround him with shooters now because if there’s one thing he will succeed at in the NBA, it’s finding the open man. 

like I said, he wasn’t my top choice by any means, but there’s still plenty to be excited about here. All the top prospects had question marks. It isn’t like we clearly missed out on the next superstar. That’s all to be determined in the years to come 

36 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

I have less concerns about the shooting and defense of other players at the top of the draft.

As far as us being able to coach him up, color me skeptical.  And that has nothing to do with my perception of Ball's work ethic or attitude, and everything to do with me having no confidence in this franchise being able to anything right. We've had so many lottery picks over the years that have failed. At some point you have to think some of the problem is player development, not just inability to properly scout and evaluate talent.

Fine so who would you have taken instead?  Gotta pick from the players on the fuggin board man.

And BTW...you may not have been keeping up but Mitch has done a hellva job since he got here.  

42 minutes ago, woahfraze said:

My reservations have everything to do with his shooting and defense. Nothing to do with his character.

He’s 19, he can learn how to shoot. Not everybody is MKG. Character means a lot to a player with his build and athleticism. He has the tools to be great, but does he have the drive? Everything I’ve seen says yes. 

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Fine so who would you have taken instead?  Gotta pick from the players on the fuggin board man

At the #3 with Edwards and Wiseman gone, probably Killian Hayes.  Or a trade down, if they found a willing partner/the right value, and then pick I 3-and-D guy like Vassell, Saddiq Bey, or Aaron Nesmith depending on how far back they moved.  You can never have too many versatile wings that can spread the floor on offense and switch on defense.

To grow and compete in a small market, we really need to gamble on high ceiling type prospects.  High floor guys will not get us anywhere.  Draft players like Ball that have elite skills in some areas and believe that your coaching staff can elevate their deficiencies.

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

And BTW...you may not have been keeping up but Mitch has done a hellva job since he got here.  

I think it's a bit too early to make that judgment.  Sure, Devonte, Bridges, and PJ are promising, but they I also don't project them as stars moving forward. That's a better foundation than prior front offices have been able to form, but until we're able to put together a squad that compete for more than the 8 seed, I'll remain skeptical.

57 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

To grow and compete in a small market, we really need to gamble on high ceiling type prospects.  High floor guys will not get us anywhere.  Draft players like Ball that have elite skills in some areas and believe that your coaching staff can elevate their deficiencies.

MKG 2.0

Archived