• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Chinn robbed

MurkN

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

While I could understand giving it to someone else if the other had like 3 sacks or something... the dude who won it over him didn't even do that much.  1 FF, 1 FR, 1 sack, and 5 tackles vs 1 FF, 2 FR, 2 TDs, 13 tackles, 1 QB Hit

PFF Grades for their games, FWIW....

Jeremy Chinn: 89.9

Jacob Tuioti-Mariner: 89.9

That's interesting.

13 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Maybe they couldn’t allow Kirk Cousins who did have a nice stat line against Phil Snow’s garbage defense to be countered by Jeremy Chinn who played against him. Looks kinda weird 

Cousins was a bad pick too. Heck all 3 were wrong

D. Henry - ran for 178 yards and 3 TD's against the Colts defense that has been one of the leagues best defenses all year. Oh, and this game was a battle for first place in the division on the Colts home field.

J. Chinn - 13 tackles, 1 FF, 2 FR, 2 TD

Y. Koo - 5/5 on FG, and 4/4 on PAT.  1 of the FG's was 54 yards

9 minutes ago, Growl said:

If Chinn wins DROTW, he's an instant candidate for DROM, and if he wins another DROM, the NFL can't justifiably give DROY to chase young as they're angling for

Not sure about these weekly awards but I am positive that the DROY is voted on by members of the associated press. The "NFL" doesn't really have anything to do with that...

5 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Maybe they couldn’t allow Kirk Cousins who did have a nice stat line against Phil Snow’s garbage defense to be countered by Jeremy Chinn who played against him. Looks kinda weird 

Not really sure why it couldn't be both? Most of Chinn's play that game was in stopping Cook. Only play that directly affected Cousins at all was the recovery after the strip sack, and frankly that was on the OL more than it was Cousins...

14 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Cousins was a bad pick too. Heck all 3 were wrong

D. Henry - ran for 178 yards and 3 TD's against the Colts defense that has been one of the leagues best defenses all year. Oh, and this game was a battle for first place in the division on the Colts home field.

J. Chinn - 13 tackles, 1 FF, 2 FR, 2 TD

Y. Koo - 5/5 on FG, and 4/4 on PAT.  1 of the FG's was 54 yards

This is for NFC only, Henry is AFC.

26 minutes ago, t96 said:

Not sure about these weekly awards but I am positive that the DROY is voted on by members of the associated press. The "NFL" doesn't really have anything to do with that...

I still have doubts Chinn wins DROY. Not because of his performance because he is definitely deserving but because he plays on the Panthers, a small market loser franchise.

When Cam Newton won OROY he was so electric and had such a huge fanbase of his own that he was impossible to ignore. Then the year afterward Kuechly was dominant on the field and on the stat sheet and was able to ride the momentum from Cam's attention.

Chinn isn't getting that kind of attention and they'll probably give the award to someone on a more relevant team. I bet Antoine Winfield Jr on the Bucs wins.

54 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Yea if you score two TDs on defense, you are the defensive player of the week unless a different player scored 3. Problem is the panthers lost and no one gives a poo about a loser 

Yep. We lost. Hard to be a player of the week and lose. Harder still when the offensive player of the week went up against your D.

51 minutes ago, Mage said:

While I could understand giving it to someone else if the other had like 3 sacks or something... the dude who won it over him didn't even do that much.  1 FF, 1 FR, 1 sack, and 5 tackles vs 1 FF, 2 FR, 2 TDs, 13 tackles, 1 QB Hit

Thank you. I was about to google those stats.

24 minutes ago, hepcat said:

I still have doubts Chinn wins DROY. Not because of his performance because he is definitely deserving but because he plays on the Panthers, a small market loser franchise.

When Cam Newton won OROY he was so electric and had such a huge fanbase of his own that he was impossible to ignore. Then the year afterward Kuechly was dominant on the field and on the stat sheet and was able to ride the momentum from Cam's attention.

Chinn isn't getting that kind of attention and they'll probably give the award to someone on a more relevant team. I bet Antoine Winfield Jr on the Bucs wins.

I agree, I think it's highly unlikely Chinn wins it based on his current stats. If he absolutely goes off in the last 4 games with stats that flash like sacks, takeaways, TDs, etc. then maybe, but even with the 2 TD game I don't think he flashes enough for him to win it in our market. If he was on the Patriots, Cowboys, etc. he'd be a shoe in because there really aren't any other rookie defenders that have had anywhere near his impact on the field this year.

I really doubt it's Winfield though, he hasn't been good since a few early good games. And the Bucs are also a small market loser franchise. Yes they have a winning record this year and will probably make the playoffs as a wildcard but I don't think that's anywhere near enough to get Winfield the DROY. He has the name working in his favor, but I think the hype around a guy like Chase Young would push him ahead even without a lot of sacks. We'll see though. I hope Chinn gets it because he deserves it and I'd be extremely happy for him, but if he doesn't I'm completely cool flying under the radar and with not having that award as more leverage his agent can use against the team.

Archived