• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

7 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

No to Zack Wilson..   I hope many of you watched him against Coastal Carolina .  NO !!!!

I know I'm in the minority , but I like Kyle Trask from Florida.  

I don’t know much about Trask, but I’ve seen 3-4 interviews with him. Based on those, I have doubts that he’ll be able to excel at the metal part of the nfl game. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm kind of eyeing Dazz Newsome for that in the 5th or 6th. He would double as a punt returner too.

I just think we have too many other glaring needs to go WR on the first two days of the draft.

If you are chasing glaring needs in the draft, especially outside of the first round(even then it is iffy), you are doing it wrong.

I would have to consider Moore if he fell to the second.  You could let Samuel walk and use that money to fill your need and use the draft pick to replace Samuel.

Either way if Samuel is gone then WR3 is a a need also.  Who takes his place? Seems like in todays NFL you should always have a quality WR on a rookie deal on a roster at any given time.

3 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

If you are chasing glaring needs in the draft, especially outside of the first round(even then it is iffy), you are doing it wrong.

I would have to consider Moore if he fell to the second.  You could let Samuel walk and use that money to fill your need and use the draft pick to replace Samuel.

Either way if Samuel is gone then WR3 is a a need also.  Who takes his place? Seems like in todays NFL you should always have a quality WR on a rookie deal on a roster at any given time.

Not chasing needs. We have plenty of them. Just not making luxury picks. IMO, a #3 WR would be a luxury pick in the 2nd round with the state of our OL and secondary.

On 12/9/2020 at 8:05 AM, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I was fortunate to be able to see the BYU/CCU game. He definitely can make all the throws and that in itself makes me happy.  He didn't have a stellar game but many of his incompletion were receivers not making the catch.   His Oline was also dominated by CCU. 

Missing the winning score by a Tennessee yard was impressive because he was under pressure most of the game.   Though they lost it showed me that he has the ability to put a team on his back and bring it home.

Yay another QB who when the game is on the line throws the ball short of the end zone/sticks...

1 hour ago, Tbe said:

I don’t know much about Trask, but I’ve seen 3-4 interviews with him. Based on those, I have doubts that he’ll be able to excel at the metal part of the nfl game. 

When you don’t have the cannon arm or the speedy legs is the mental part of the game you have to excel at to succeed. I believe Trask is a late first rounder at best or early second rounder and it’s because of his average arm and below average running ability. His mental capacity for football is clearly great. 

12 minutes ago, Varking said:

When you don’t have the cannon arm or the speedy legs is the mental part of the game you have to excel at to succeed. I believe Trask is a late first rounder at best or early second rounder and it’s because of his average arm and below average running ability. His mental capacity for football is clearly great. 

Good points, I swear for todays league, I believe legs is a near must. Extending plays is something that drives DC insane. Not talking like Cam/lamar legs- more like Arod/Jones/Mahomes/Mayfield legs. Eli could still wing it fine, but hes was stuck in wet sand. 

Thats one of reasons I like Lance over Lawrence 

1 hour ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Off-season: franchise Moton, resign Curtis

Free agent: John Johnson safety, LA Rams (cut 33 and 52, obviously)

Draft:

6. Micah Parsons, LB/edge, PSU

38. Alex Leatherwood, OT/G, Alabama

70. Deommodore Lenoir, CB/S, Oregon

102. Josh Meyers, OG/C, Ohio State

Give me my check

It'll probably be a severance check you're getting when Teddy takes the field again and you have no potential answer waiting in the wings and Tepper's like

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It'll probably be a severance check you're getting when Teddy takes the field again and you have no potential answer waiting in the wings and Tepper's like

giphy.gif

This is if the top four QBs go in the top four due to trades and we stand pat at 6. I was bored. 

Plus this helps us secure your boy in 2022. 

4 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

This is if the top four QBs go in the top four due to trades and we stand pat at 6. I was bored. 

Plus this helps us secure your boy in 2022. 

I just don't see how we'll suck bad enough to get #1 in '22 and Howell is a near lock to go #1 unless some other QB prospects come out of nowhere or there's some other amazing prospect and the team sitting at #1 has a legit QB who got hurt or something. I honestly think we'll probably be selecting somewhere in the mid-1st range. A move up from there to get Howell would be more than even I would want to give up.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I just don't see how we'll suck bad enough to get #1 in '22 and Howell is a near lock to go #1 unless some other QB prospects come out of nowhere or there's some other amazing prospect and the team sitting at #1 has a legit QB who got hurt or something. I honestly think we'll probably be selecting somewhere in the mid-1st range. A move up from there to get Howell would be more than even I would want to give up.

Is he? I don't know either way. I'm crossing my fingers that if in the event they don't select a new QB this year, they can still somehow replicate the draft success of 2020. That's three guys who look legit and a few others who look like they maybe could be possibly but will at least be role players. 2022 we might actually have cap room to sign some other actual food players, after sorting out some cap space issues, and at that point trading up for a QB would be on the table. Just boredom thoughts. 

Archived