• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Zach Wilson becoming the consensus Huddle pick?

Jeremy Igo

14 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I should not speak, but right now I prefer Lance.(*only seen highlights form zack), plus I like Lanmce just as much as Lawrence. 

@LinvilleGorge I finally figured out your hate for Teddy. One of your goto points about QBs was comp%, you used it to knock Josh Allen and Herbert. Both are having MVP/ROTY seasons and Teddys been a solid 98.479% for the whole year..... Hating on Teddy was a coping mechanism after that theory got nuked!!! 

image.png.50a1ba552faefb96c7f6dfb062990562.png

I don't hate Teddy. I just realize that Teddy is not a starting caliber NFL QB based on his NFL body of work. Allen developed tremendously as a passer going into his third season. His first two seasons he was a pretty inefficient passer. I highly doubt you're going to see Teddy develop significantly in anyway at this point in his career. He is who he is, particularly with his physical limitations.

Herbert was a 64% career college passer so not sure what you're talking about there. I'm gonna assume it's straw grasping. My criticisms of Herbert were all product of that Oregon system and staff - notably single read and half read pass plays and a tendency to go run heavy in crunch time. It made me wonder if that was due to between the ear limitations at QB but in hindsight it looks like that's just the way they want to run their offense.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't hate Teddy. I just realize that Teddy is not a starting caliber NFL QB based on his NFL body of work. Allen developed tremendously as a passer going into his third season. His first two seasons he was a pretty inefficient passer. I highly doubt you're going to see Teddy develop significantly in anyway at this point in his career. He is who he is, particularly with his physical limitations.

Herbert was a 64% career college passer so not sure what you're talking about there. I'm gonna assume it's straw grasping. My criticisms of Herbert were all product of that Oregon system and staff - notably single read and half read pass plays and a tendency to go run heavy in crunch time. It made me wonder if that was due to between the ear limitations at QB but in hindsight it looks like that's just the way they want to run their offense.

I remember You quoting comp% as a the main reason for their unlikely NFL success, I petty sure about Allen. Just remember you not liking Herbert at all either. Its fine, its very hard to know all 25 spots. Just missing recently on QBs and along with Teddy is a comp God. Just about no one had Herbert doing what hes doing and Allen took a quantum leap this year. 

14 minutes ago, Basbear said:

I remember You quoting comp% as a the main reason for their unlikely NFL success, I petty sure about Allen. Just remember you not liking Herbert at all either. Its fine, its very hard to know all 25 spots. Just missing recently on QBs and along with Teddy is a comp God. Just about no one had Herbert doing what hes doing and Allen took a quantum leap this year. 

Allen for sure. He and the Bills deserve a ton of credit for his development. He's a legit high level NFL passer now in his third season. Allen was VERY raw as a passer coming out of college and I never thought he'd get to where he is now as a passer.

I wish I had been wrong about Teddy.

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Allen for sure. He and the Bills deserve a ton of credit for his development. He's a legit high level NFL passer now in his third season. Allen was VERY raw as a passer coming out of college and I never thought he'd get to where he is now as a passer.

I wish I had been wrong about Teddy.

QB coach is same guy who couldnt get Cam to improve in 8 years, Ken Dosey. They should give him a big raise and hope no one else comes with a offer. I predicted Teddy to set all career highs before the season, he should even with missing one game.  

28 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

Tre lance plays in a pro style offense , he can run , he has a big arm and he can pass , and has swag reminds me of a mahomes , Lamar and cam Newton this guy is going to be the best in the nfl don’t get fooled by jimmy clausen 2.0 

I’m confused as to what comparison there is between Wilson and Clausen. He runs better than Clausen, his velocity is far superior to Clausen and  he can make throws Clausen could not. Jimmy Clausen’s downfall in the NFL wasn’t his size it was lacking arm talent at the NFL level. 

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

QB coach is same guy who couldnt get Cam to improve in 8 years, Ken Dosey. They should give him a big raise and hope no one else comes with a offer. I predicted Teddy to set all career highs before the season, he should even with missing one game.  

Huge hurdles to clear there.

3 hours ago, CRA said:

Joe Burrow wasn't even the #1 overall pick at this time last year.    But there is a road map for the SEC's to really change the discussion of who the top 4 are. 

Let's say Bama rolls in the SEC championship.  Then rolls over ND and then Clemson.   I think Mack has potential room to alter stuff. 

Don't think it will happen, but just imagine FL upsets Bama in the SEC championship and then goes through the college playoff.  That can change the conversation.  

SEC QBs have the ability to change the conversation.  I think Lance could drop come combine time too.   For a dual threat QB, he actually isn't that impressive given his competition via the eye test.   You got to be a freak to make being a dual threat work in the NFL and he doesn't look the part doing that to me.  Freakier guys on the ground couldn't make it work. 

You do realize that scouts look at more than jist wins and losses right?

Patrick Mahomes wouldn't have been drfred in the 1st if that was the case, after his 18-35 200yards 2 int in a 10-66 Loss to Iowa State

Or Josh Allen who had a similar game in a bad Loss to San Jose state.

Glad you did bring up Burrow as guys do shoot up as scouts see more film.  By this time last year Burrow had already solidified that top spot.  And it wasnt because his #s or wins.  It was his film.

Trask hasnt,

in fact Trask hasnt even solidified a 1st rd grade in most scouts eyes.   Just because he has big wins in the "big bad SEC".   And put up big #s.  Doesnt mean crap as far as being drafted.

8 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

And I’m correct. Just did some searching and I’m not the only to believe so. Eye test doesn’t lie. 

F7008E43-7F65-460C-B008-CC86B92394FD.png

1) You didn’t explain how he is the closest thing to Pat Mahomes that you’ve seen.
2) Lawrence, Fields, Wilson in college show you that every week they can make every throw.

3) There’s closer guys to Mahomes in the Pros that you are forgetting as well. Like His partner in the State Farm commercials. 
4) Just because you find somebody who thinks the same way you do doesnt mean you are right. That’s a weird declaration. 

To be clear I’m not trying to tell you how you are wrong... I just want you to explain the thought process on how you watch Wilson play and think he’s the next Pat Mahomes. What specifically that Lawrence, Fields, and other guys already in the NFL don’t do that he does. 

Archived