• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Washington for the love of all that's holy please don't win gameday thread

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Peon Awesome said:

The difference? Pride for one. Wanting your team to show some fight and put up a good performance rather than look like a laughing stock. Building confidence that much of the foundation is in place. Inspiring hope that a couple new pieces will be the difference in going from bottom 5 record to contention. But if you take joy in seeing us get steamrolled, who am I to judge? I was legitimately asking out of curiosity.

Wait. I bolded above where you said you want us to come up just short. You want us to lose as do I. I don’t want to screw up a chance at the #3 pick.

I hate to break it to you but the last 3 years we’ve finished 2-23 so far. Losing close isn’t going to change a culture or create some amazing confidence. The bolded is a pipe dream, it’s not real.

Do you know why the Chiefs have confidence they can win every game and why they came back from deficits in last year’s playoffs? Mahomes. That’s it. That’s the difference with Alex Smith. Drafting a solid QB and replacing scared Teddy would do way more than a moral victory today.

Also, this whole black and white is silly. We both want to lose today for the pick so hopefully we can get our confidence (i.e. our Cam part deux or Mahomes) in the draft. None of us hoping for a better pick have said we want to be humiliated. You are saying that to make your notion of hoping for a close loss somehow making you a  better fan than us.

Just now, Captain Morgan said:
Brian Burns is indeed active today.

If he gets hurt worse...this place won’t be happy. Nor will I. There’s no reason to risk anything and I’m assuming it wasn’t nothing since it seems like he wasn’t going to play today. Using him for a few plays seems stupid. If he’s 100%, then play him but if we limit him then we are being really dumb risking anything. 

15 minutes ago, ClawOn said:

Yeah I'm saying I want a high draft pick too but these are my guys and if Samuel breaks an end around for 80 yards I'm out of my chair. 

Nothing wrong with that and I don’t want to suck. I remember how the entire team gave up against Indy (except Butler) and it sucked to watch. That’s not this young team. We’ve already seen that this year. I want to keep seeing young guys improve but I just don’t want to win.

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

Wait. I bolded above where you said you want us to come up just short. You want us to lose as do I. I don’t want to screw up a chance at the #3 pick.

I hate to break it to you but the last 3 years we’ve finished 2-23 so far. Losing close isn’t going to change a culture or create some amazing confidence. The bolded is a pipe dream, it’s not real.

Do you know why the Chiefs have confidence they can win every game and why they came back from deficits in last year’s playoffs? Mahomes. That’s it. That’s the difference with Alex Smith. Drafting a solid QB and replacing scared Teddy would do way more than a moral victory today.

Also, this whole black and white is silly. We both want to lose today for the pick so hopefully we can get our confidence (i.e. our Cam part deux or Mahomes) in the draft. None of us hoping for a better pick have said we want to be humiliated. You are saying that to make your notion of hoping for a close loss somehow making you a  better fan than us.

If you're not cheering for us to get humiliated, then my post isn't directed at you. Plus for all this about Mahomes being the reason the Chiefs are world beaters, they also didn't get steamrolled on a weekly basis to draft him.

Also at what point am I trying to act superior? I gave a response to your question and followed up by saying I am not judging, just curious. 

Just now, Peon Awesome said:

If you're not cheering for us to get humiliated, then my post isn't directed at you. Plus for all this about Mahomes being the reason the Chiefs are world beaters, they also didn't get steamrolled on a weekly basis to draft him.

Also at what point am I trying to act superior? I gave a response to your question and followed up by saying I am not judging, just curious. 

It seemed like you were acting superior saying your way to hope we lose was better. I don’t think anyone hoping to keep our good pick wants us to get bent over.

No KC didn’t, they traded multiple firsts and other picks to move up, which I’d be all for as well. Some say you can’t do that either. KC clearly felt Mahomes was that level special and they were right. I can only hope we feel the same way and are even close to as right.

Archived