• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Log Jam @WR

GPantherfan

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

It is interesting if you look at contracts.  We seem deep, but in a year, we could be cap strapped and short.

I'm still amazed that we're struggling with Salary Cap space.

You look at this roster and think "where is the money going?!"

7 minutes ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Moore and Anderson stay, Samuel is debatable.

I think Curtis has shown his worth the last several weeks. Moore is the most elite of the three and that’s not debatable. Anderson has been a fantastic addition this year but I think it’s a tight race between him and Curtis at this point.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Keep Moore and Anderson. Let Samuel walk and pocket the comp pick.

This is the formula. 

When you have position group that rotate alot during a game, and you can get comps for anyone not considering to be a starter. You take it. 

And keep drafting to have a influx of new talent for that position.

6 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

I think Curtis has shown his worth the last several weeks. Moore is the most elite of the three and that’s not debatable. Anderson has been a fantastic addition this year but I think it’s a tight race between him and Curtis at this point.

How long is his contract, what is his situation? Curtis can get the Panthers a comp pick. Can Anderson?

4 minutes ago, kass said:

This is the formula. 

When you have position group that rotate alot during a game, and you can get comps for anyone not considering to be a starter. You take it. 

And keep drafting to have a influx of new talent for that position.

Yep. I like Samuel and in a vacuum I'd love to keep him but in a hard salary cap league you can't afford to have a big money #3 WR. Someone will probably be willing to pay him starter money and give him a bigger role. Best of luck to him. We can draft another slot WR in the mid to late rounds. Sure, he probably won't be as good as Samuel, but that's okay. We need to spend money on the OL and secondary.

20 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I'm still amazed that we're struggling with Salary Cap space.

You look at this roster and think "where is the money going?!"

We have 52 million in dead money.  We have 27 million on IR.  So much of our Cap is tied up in players that don't actually play for us anymore or haven't played much this year.  

Archived