• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I offer you some hope

Jeremy Igo

Just now, 45catfan said:

Sticking with Darnold then?  If they do take a QB, it won't be Fields.  Then again, we are talking about the Jets, so who knows...

The team wants to help Darnold. Pencil in Sewell, Chase, or trade down at the #2 spot.

Jeremy you naiive idiot! Don't you know 12 qbs will be drafted before our pick? Us huddlers with our insider knowledge of front office circles and college scouting departments have a firm pulse of the draft landscape, certainly more than paid NFL analysts. I can't believe how ignorant you can be on your own site. 

None of these ranked after Lawrence is a sure thing. And, even Trevor is gonna struggle next year if he ends up in Jacksonville. No way I'd trade good draft capital to move up to take any of these guys in the top 10. For some reason though, people act as if we have to get our franchise guy "this year" in the top 10. Heck, we might be able to find someone better than all of them later in the draft.

We're competitive now despite a lack of impact players at CB, MLB, LB, DT, (3 technique), and Safety. The o-line is average at best with Taylor Moton (who's really good). If we let him walk we'll be in even worse shape. We could use a TE to open things up in the middle of field and maybe a #3 WR if Samuels moves on. Drafting in the top 10 in each round guarantees us at least 3 picks in the top 75. Based on what we did in last year's draft we could probably come away with 2-3 impact starters immediately.

If the guys we drafted in 2020  improve like most 2nd year players do, add a couple of solid FA acquisitions, and  hit on the 2021 draft picks we'll be better even with Bridgewater at QB for another year. Come 2022, we'd be in a position to move up to grab a guy high in the draft (remember new QB's come out of college every year).  We'd have a lot less roster holes to fill and the new QB would benefit from having a stronger supporting cast to work with.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

They probably should, but I think they'll likely try to retool around Ryan for one last push with him due to his contract situation.

This.  They have a ton of money tied up in Ryan and Julio, and this year their problem was not being able to hold onto leads in the 4th quarter.  QB is not their immediate need, and they are not very likely to spend the 4th pick to have him sit on the bench when they have positions that can address the reasons they can't hold onto leads.  It is more likely they retool around another run with Ryan and Jones as focal points.

The Eagles are not drafting a QB in the first round unless they find somebody willing to take Wentz off their hands.  That will saddle either the Eagles or somebody else with a lot of cap hit.

Not a lot of people expect the Lions or Giants to draft a QB in the first round, either.  They have other pressing issues.

Now, if any of these teams trades their pick, the equation changes.

4 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

And still lost.  He looked terrible most of the game and was holding the ball way too long resulting i sacks.  Don't look at the stats alone.  Too many get caught up in stats.

I know we all hate Matt Ryan, but seriously would you take him over Three Thumbs Teddy? 

1 hour ago, DeAngelo Beason said:

I see where you're coming from... but he's the goat.

Mahomes the goat? lol

He's had the best supporting cast(coaching included) since he came into the league. They were almost knocked out of the playoffs 4 times last season, wouldnt be surprised if they get "upset" this post season

1 minute ago, Rocky Davis said:

I know we all hate Matt Ryan, but seriously would you take him over Three Thumbs Teddy? 

There's not much difference in them at the moment.  Ryan looked identical to Teddy for most of the game.  Teddy is cheaper so for now I would not.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

There's not much difference in them at the moment.  Ryan looked identical to Teddy for most of the game.  Teddy is cheaper so for now I would not.

If contracts were similar I would take Ryan everyday of the week over Teddy.  Ryan can actually throw the ball more than 15 yards with accuracy.

Archived