• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I offer you some hope

Jeremy Igo

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

If contracts were similar I would take Ryan everyday of the week over Teddy.  Ryan can actually throw the ball more than 15 yards with accuracy.

When he's not curling up in a ball taking a sack because he can't decide where to through the ball.  He looked like a rookie out there.

Just now, Rocky Davis said:

I totally disagree with this take, but time will tell.

I think Trask has decent backup NFL QB written all over him.

Just watch lances game tapes. The kid cant throw except for the occasional bomb. Hes winning his games with his legs taking shot after shot. If Cam got worn down and hes bigger faster and stronger Lance is going to break. His potential will get someone fired.

Trask's Floor is much higher and I think he was an equal ceiling. Reminds my of a 6 foot 5 Drew Brees.

7 hours ago, bull123 said:

atlanta is a key...do they go QB?

ps: they could beat the bucs next week

They really are---I know they would LIKE to go QB, but you have to pay Ryan regardless.  The need defensive help, and I expect to see Parsons, Rousseau, or even Sewell in Red and Black.

Ryan can not be traded:

There is the small matter of Ryan's contract. After this season, he has three years left on a five-year, $150 million deal he signed in 2018. He has a $40.9 million cap hit for 2021, and if he were cut before June 1, 2021, the Falcons would take a $49.9 million dead money hit.

The team that I worry about?  Detroit Lions.  And that is fine--I would rather move back and take Jones or Trask.

Jax:  Trevor

NYJ: Wilson

ATL:  Fields

DET: Lance

I look at the QB situation differently. We want our guy, the guy the front office feels is the one who will lead us for the foreseeable future. We don’t want to reach too hard for that person and give up too much of the future, but we also want to properly value the 1st round pick.

We all work under the understanding that you build teams through the draft. I believe that if our guy is not there at 9 and we have plenty of questions on anyone there, we should trade our 1st round pick for a future 1st rounder and an additional pick. And I would do the same thing the following year if in the same scenario. I would stockpile picks and build the rest of the team rounds 2-7 until we have the draft capital in a draft to identify and go get our guy. If that means another year of Teddy, we might be sitting with a Top 5-8 pick AND another 1st rounder to move up. That way, we get our guy without blowing future drafts and we’ve never stopped building the rest of the team.

The only thing worse than not getting your QB fast enough is getting the wrong QB or not being able to build the remainder of your team.

1st rounders are great, but their greatest values typically lie in only a couple of positions. I have no problem stocking those to get OUR guy at THE position.

20 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

They really are---I know they would LIKE to go QB, but you have to pay Ryan regardless.  The need defensive help, and I expect to see Parsons, Rousseau, or even Sewell in Red and Black.

Ryan can not be traded:

There is the small matter of Ryan's contract. After this season, he has three years left on a five-year, $150 million deal he signed in 2018. He has a $40.9 million cap hit for 2021, and if he were cut before June 1, 2021, the Falcons would take a $49.9 million dead money hit.

The team that I worry about?  Detroit Lions.  And that is fine--I would rather move back and take Jones or Trask.

Jax:  Trevor

NYJ: Wilson

ATL:  Fields

DET: Lance

I doubt Atl or Det draft a qb. 

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I doubt Atl or Det draft a qb. 

I think Atlanta can get out of the Ryan contract in 2022--if they have a player in place to take the reins.  But they need defense.  Parsons or Rousseau should be their pick

I have to wonder if the Haskins situation will hurt Fields any.  It reminds everyone that Ohio State is not a QB factory and their systems have inflated the values of their QBs

Archived