• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I'd give Haskins a look this offseason.

Jeremy Igo

7 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

You don't take project players in the third round. Especially a team that had the needs that we had at the time. You need to get guys that can make your two deep in the first three rounds. The fact that we traded draft capital to get him was even worse. 

We just aren't going to agree on this. Was he a hugely impactful bust? No. But it still hurts to have a guy on your roster that can't even make a substantial impact and you end up having to sign another player to replace him(PJ Walker). 

Teams don't generally find starting QBs after day 2, so if there's one to develop, the third (and fourth at the latest) round is the target like it or not.

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Oh yeah I definitely doubt it too. Rhule seems to be suggesting that Grier still needs a bit more time in his development but that he is confident he will ultimately succeed in this league. But I do agree that the fact that PJ walked onto the team and beat him out this year even considering Grier had an extra year of development on the bench doesn’t look great on the surface.

PJ was on and off the Colts roster for 3 years....2017 to 2019. Grier doesn't have an extra year, he has 2 less 

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

There's no risk NOW.

You were on the hook for $8m over two years if you picked him up on waivers. 

I thought the only guarantees leftd was 4 million for 2 years, thats nothing. Plus he could be cut with no dead space. He could sign for higher than that, unless everyone believe he will remain what RR has told everyone. 

8 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Fair enough but I still think that quote rings true simply because we didn't see Will when it came time. Surely we all don't think that is because PJ Walker is a stud? I focused in that that same element when he said it because it felt like that was the "reading between the lines" aspect of what he was saying.

But, maybe I am wrong and Will ends up being a starter or #2 QB for us next season. I sort of doubt it.

Pj walker is a stud.

9 hours ago, Diehardpanther02 said:

It's official. It is now a proven fact. Igo knows absolutely jack poo about qb talent lol.

Sorry IGO, but some of the stuff you come up with makes me think you've never watched a down of football in your life.

Maybe he knows more about click bait than QB talent.

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Wow the panthers had front row seats to what a train wreck Haskins is and they thought hey I like this guy let’s bring him in. We sure Marty was fired?

Because he hasn't been in a great situation and is only 23 years old with talent that has been spoiled by being in the Skins-Football Team chaotic orbit! 

Archived