• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CFP Semifinals part deux: 3 Ohio State vs 2 Clemson 800 PM EST

6 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

OSU has more 5 and 4 stars than the entire big 10 combined, the talented disparity between OSU and the big 10 is bigger than any single team in a conference. Fields fifth string WR would be BYU most talented, so using the “level of competition” argument  hold no weight. Wilson is playing in a even playing field in the MWC.

Wilson had over 40 TD this season, the last time a BYU QB had over 40 TD in a season was 25 years ago. Meanwhile OSU just had a QB two years ago throw for 50 and a 10 year span they have had about 5 different QBs account for over 30 TD in a season.

The Big10 has the best defenses in the country. He still plays against far superior passing defenses. Northwestern is a great defense. Their coach is amazing. Indiana is a top defense. Their coach is amazing. Indiana leads the country in interceptions despite playing 7 games. I believe they got at least two interceptions in every game. 

Wilson has had time to throw on the overwhelming majority of his snaps all year outside of two quarters in the Coastal Carolina game. 

The talent gap is biggest between Clemson and the next best ACC team ( assuming Miami or Carolina  ). Clemson has easily had some of the best recruiting classes the past few years. OSU had the 14th best class two years ago. They got a gift in Fields leaving UGA. 

As far as level of competition it absolutely matters that Wilson has been given more time to throw than just about any other Qb in the country. It matters that they’ve been able to run the ball easily all year in BYU. People need to stop disrespecting the talent that BYU does have compared to the teams they played. Their receivers showed out all year. Their running back showed out all year. Against their competition level they were top tier. 

“He was throwing to Mormons!” Sure, but those Mormons were consistently wide open and breaking tackles and making contested catches. It’s not a Josh Allen scenario where he was hitting receivers and they were just dropping everything. They were better than the secondaries they faced. That’s what I mean by against their competition level. 

Clemson was favored. The overwhelming majority of people in the know and casual fans thought Clemson was going to make a statement against OSU. It’s not a game where you watch Alabama play Florida and realize the difference in the game is Harris. Justin Fields, out of all the stars playing last night in any game, absolutely dominated more than anyone. And he did it hurt. 

He was the best QB on the field and the best QB in the country last night. People like to bash OSU for struggling with two opponents but forget they’ve also practiced less than just about any team in the entire country due to the conferenced covid rules. Consistency is key and when you are having to constantly bubble up and not practice with your normal guys it will show. OSU was still missing four starters last night. Although I’d have to wager Teague lost his job to Sermon for the rest of the way. Fields put the team on his back against the best competition in the country. Wilson didn’t show he could do that. Lance hasn’t shown he can do that. 

Fields is a better quarterback than both of them and a better player than both of them. 

College football has become really boring.  There are three teams that matter year in and year out (Clemson, Alabama, and OSU), and then a bunch of also rans.  Sometimes an outsider will pop up like LSU did last year, but all in all, its getting worse across the board.  And if they start to play players, it could become unwatchable.  

The only remotely interesting game yesterday was Cincy and Georgia.  Cincy should have won except for an explicable decision to throw long on third down when the could have ran more time off the clock.  But the game was entertaining and hard fought.   

Congrats to the Buckeyes.  I am happy they were able to shove that #11 ranking Dabo Sweeney put on the Buckeyes right up his ass. 

It was simply insulting to rank them out of the Top 5 in the country.  Though only 6 games it was obvious they were one of the better teams in the country.  

Dabo was trying to keep OSU out of the playoffs.  It's that simple. 

I wonder how he would rank them now.  

4 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Congrats to the Buckeyes.  I am happy they were able to shove that #11 ranking Dabo Sweeney put on the Buckeyes right up his ass. 

It was simply insulting to rank them out of the Top 5 in the country.  Though only 6 games it was obvious they were one of the better teams in the country.  

Dabo was trying to keep OSU out of the playoffs.  It's that simple. 

I wonder how he would rank them now.  

Clemson fan here, hated to see my Tigers get their arses handed to them, but Dabo has had a severe case of foot-in-mouth disease this season. He could use a big ‘ol steaming piece of humble pie.

2 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

Clemson fan here, hated to see my Tigers get their arses handed to them, but Dabo has had a severe case of foot-in-mouth disease this season. He could use a big ‘ol steaming piece of humble pie.

Yea...its best to keep quiet.... I thought my bucs played flat most of the year and did not expect this...

8 minutes ago, Prowler2k18 said:

5 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Yea...its best to keep quiet.... I thought my bucs played flat most of the year and did not expect this...

Yeah, not sure WTF he was thinking. However, Dabo has always been able to play the disrespect card to a T until recently. Now, it feels like he's searching for ways to motivate his team. Not a good thing. I don't think Dabo is a good coach, he's just had excellent players with stellar assistants around him. 

9 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

I wouldn't say that, he would have been in the rotation though.

Etienne is a good back and I *think* has been playing hurt.

talk about a guy whos going to loose millions of dollars for coming back to school. Major yikes. would have been a top 3 RB taken last year and now he's starting to freefall

3 minutes ago, DJ feed me moore said:

talk about a guy whos going to loose millions of dollars for coming back to school. Major yikes. would have been a top 3 RB taken last year and now he's starting to freefall

Someone is getting a fantastic athlete. 

Archived