• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Draft History

WarHeel

Jordan Gross

Thomas Davis

Jon Beason 

Luke MF Kuechly

Star Lotuleilei

Christian McCaffrey 

Brian Burns

Some notable players drafted by Carolina at 8 or later in the 1st round. This isn’t a comprehensive list and when you factor in the same logic with 31 other teams I’m sure the list would be impressive. Do with this information what you will and feel free to add someone I have left off as I’m sure there are at least a couple.

Keep Calm and Keep Pounding!

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

Jordan Gross

Thomas Davis

Jon Beason 

Luke MF Kuechly

Star Lotuleilei

Christian McCaffrey 

Brian Burns

Some notable players drafted by Carolina at 8 or later in the 1st round. This isn’t a comprehensive list and when you factor in the same logic with 31 other teams I’m sure the list would be impressive. Do with this information what you will and feel free to add someone I have left off as I’m sure there are at least a couple.

Keep Calm and Keep Pounding!

I think more interesting list would be QBs taken at or just after the 8th pick. 

I don't think anyone is arguing you can't get a talented player at 8 overall. the question is will a franchise QB last that long when, undoubtedly, one would have been there at 3

4 minutes ago, SOJA said:

I don't think anyone is arguing you can't get a talented player at 8 overall. the question is will a franchise QB last that long when, undoubtedly, one would have been there at 3

Wouldn’t say undoubtedly. Carson Wentz was drafted in the top 3 and he’s about to get a first class ticket out of Philly.

3 minutes ago, WarHeel said:

Wouldn’t say undoubtedly. Carson Wentz was drafted in the top 3 and he’s about to get a first class ticket out of Philly.

Undoubtedly as in there are 4 "potential" franchise QBs in this draft and by my math picking number three overall guarantees you one of the four

Of course none of these guys are a sure thing again I don't think anyone is going to argue that either 

7 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Undoubtedly as in there are 4 "potential" franchise QBs in this draft and by my math picking number three overall guarantees you one of the four

Of course none of these guys are a sure thing again I don't think anyone is going to argue that either 

The reason I bring it up is because there are several who would rather make the reach even for a lesser chance at an elite player simply based on position. 

1 minute ago, WarHeel said:

The reason I bring it up is because there are several who would rather make the reach even for a lesser chance at an elite player simply based on position. 

That could also be because it is the most important position in football by a very wide margin.

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That could also be because it is the most important position in football by a very wide margin.

Why is it we have people on here that always try to undervalue certain things? Like this guy showing how the Panthers picked good players, but yet the QB we want/need probably won't be there because of "winning culture" by Matt Rhule. This is very, very, confusing. 

16 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

No debating that. Doesn’t necessarily translate to success either if he’s not surrounded with talent.

35 minutes ago, SOJA said:

Right now if I could have any 3 QBs in the league it would be: Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson (in that order). None of them taken in the top 8.

Then maybe Josh Allen - taken 7th. 

8 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Right now if I could have any 3 QBs in the league it would be: Mahomes, Rodgers, and Wilson (in that order). None of them taken in the top 8.

Also another valid point 

14 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Why is it we have people on here that always try to undervalue certain things? Like this guy showing how the Panthers picked good players, but yet the QB we want/need probably won't be there because of "winning culture" by Matt Rhule. This is very, very, confusing. 

I think you may need to check the definition of “undervalue.”

9 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

That's a damn good point sir. 

Good teams draft well. They're good teams. So they don't pick in the top 10 every year. 

16 minutes ago, ericr0319 said:

Alex Smith was the only QB taken before Rodgers (and the first pick no less), Mahomes was taken 10th with only 2 QBs before him (perhaps more interesting that Watson went 12th that same year), and Wilson is a rare pick that pans out.

I say this because unlike those years this is a year where so many high-picking teams are looking for QBs that they are absolutely overvalued, but you gotta pay to play. It will be unfortunate if more draft capital.is required for Carolina to get a guy they believe in. If there isn't one then no harm, no foul.

I'll also note that I have faith that the team can figure it out even without moving up in the draft.

Archived