• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

News on Joe Brady

Mr. Scot

5 minutes ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

Maybe its been mentioned before, I just dont want to go back 13 pages. I don't think he's going anywhere, if he were he wouldn't have let the two guys LSU just hired go. I think he would have told them not to take the job so he could bring them onto his staff.

I do not either.  Anyone hiring a 31-year old, "one hit wonder" (at this point) would be making a huge leap of faith.

4 minutes ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

Maybe its been mentioned before, I just dont want to go back 13 pages. I don't think he's going anywhere, if he were he wouldn't have let the two guys LSU just hired go. I think he would have told them not to take the job so he could bring them onto his staff.

Those two guys reportedly have outs in their contracts that would allow them to take NFL jobs without penalty.

He'd be really screwing Ed Orgeron over if he did that, but hey...

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I do not either.  Anyone hiring a 31-year old, "one hit wonder" (at this point) would be making a huge leap of faith.

A guy who already knows him might not think so.

Terry Fontenot has been said to have a pretty good shot at the Falcons GM job.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:51 PM, Panthers8969 said:

Hes getting all the credit for that stacked LSU O bc they took a huge step back. I'm sure it has nothing to do with all the talent they lost, including 1.01 burrow and 1.24 JJ who had what 1400 receiving yards this year? Ah yes, certainly all brady's doing.

Meanwhile we have his NFL resume, which consists of being involved with the saints years ago and ? Being the OC of a bad offense, one that especially struggled in the redzone? I really dont think he lands a HC coach, his resume is literally "OMG LSU! NATTY!"

That offense had 3 1st round WRs if Marshall goes in the first (Chase will be top 10), the #1 overall at QB, a 1st round RB and the best OL in college in 2019. They were as stacked as Alabama was on offense when they lost to Clemson with 2 1st round RBs and 4 1st round WRs. Alabama had more final talent but half were much younger (spent 2 more years at college).

I liked what Brady did and it would have been amazing if Teddy hit the wide open deep routes, but again 3 solid WRs and good RB play.

Maybe he wants to be a HC right away, but I think if he’s smart, he spends a bit more time at OC learning about what it takes to be a successful HC. I don’t think for a second he could successfully run an organization next year.

47 minutes ago, Mayor Qumiby said:

Logical point. 

Atlanta hiring Brady strikes me as a desperation move to try and regain what they lost in Kyle Shanahan...or more of a Tosh.0 redemption type "do-over".  I'm sure they're kicking themselves for losing Shanahan to the 49ers and moving forward with Quinn who fizzled out into oblivion shortly after.

On 1/7/2021 at 7:45 AM, KillerKat said:

I'm not emotionally attached to Brady and don't care if he goes somewhere else. He hasn't really impressed me and has some dumb play calls and/or drives every game so It's whatever for me.

I agree. He was pretty solid and intriguing for the most part for a first year OC, definitely better than a guy like Shula. But he certainly had his WTF moments, especially in the redzone and on 4th downs, which are the most important times to be competent. If we lose him I'll be completely fine with it, I trust Rhule to replace him if he does leave. Happy to keep him too and see how he develops though, he's only 31 and has 1 year of experience calling plays in the NFL, would certainly still be excited about him next year if he doesn't land a HC job. Whatever happens is fine by me and I don't think will have much of an impact on this team. Rhule has a plan and vision in place and he's the important piece here, not Brady.

37 minutes ago, Snake said:

If Brady gets a job before Eric Bieniemy there is some serious institutional racism going on in the NFL. 

I really like Bieniemy, but it's not like he's without his concerns. Andy Reid runs that offense, everyone knows that. And Bieniemy has some concerning history off the field (all 20+ years old, but as we've seen the media likes to run with these things, and "accusers" can pop up out of nowhere decades later and get the world to turn on someone). I wanted to hire Bieniemy here last year if we didn't get Rhule, and my mind hasn't changed on him, but I can definitely see why some teams may be hesitant with him.

As for Brady, NFL teams are just completely stupid. Look at the Kingsbury and Zac Taylor hires. The success of guys like McVay and now LaFleur has teams going crazy to try to find the next very young, bright offensive minds. Brady fits that bill and it's been a trend the last several years. I think it's retarded, but it's not a race thing if Brady gets hired before EB.

Archived