• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun Watson unhappy in Houston?

FuFuLamePoo

16 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

So you want him to be in the same situation that he's currently in in Houston? 

A talented QB with no Draft capital to invest in the team around him. Seems sensible. 

I get it. But come on, our WR corps are better than what Houston had last year. Even if we lose Samuel. Not that it matters, Deshaun was cooking teams up with Brandin Cooks and KeKe Coutee lmao. Our offense would be best in the league, and while we still need a lot on defense our core there of Burns/Chinn/Brown/YGM has a million times more potential than Houston's D currently does.

31 minutes ago, t96 said:

Easterby is a bigger problem there than O'Brien ever was

This is what I think Watson was likely getting at. They hired a consulting firm for the GM search. They were given five names. Caserio's name wasn't on it. Easterby hired who he wanted to anyway. He was always going to do that. He was just hoping the search firm would confirm his choice. Instead that blew up in his face.

36 minutes ago, saX man said:

Players don't want to play for that ownership. And they staged a GM search, ignored recommendations, & simply went back to Caserio bc they couldn't get him last year.

I think the dude wants out.  Seriously, I wonder what his value is.  Could be super crazy high but it's damn fun to think about.

At LEAST 3 first rounders, and it would be worth it.  Imagine what Watson could do here in Joe Brady's scheme with the weapons we have.  Holy poo, we would average 35 points a game.

14 minutes ago, slumdogmillionaire said:

My bar is next to stadium so coaches and staff come in.  The ones that aren’t coaches but talk after lot of drinks have been talking about Watson being our plan A B and C for the off-season.  When we complained about them winning against Washington the two guys said it won’t be our pick anyways it will be Houston’s.  Not sure if our offer will be good enough for the new GM but we are going to make an attractive package for Watson.

Wait, what?  Are you serious?

1 minute ago, joemac said:

At LEAST 3 first rounders, and it would be worth it.  Imagine what Watson could do here in Joe Brady's scheme with the weapons we have.  Holy poo, we would average 35 points a game.

Watson is completely untradable for the Texans even if they deeply regret signing him and would love to trade him (which is highly unlikely). They'd have to eat $67M in dead cap next year to trade him. If the salary cap stays flat, that would be nearly 40% of their cap space tied up in a player no longer on the roster. Meanwhile, they're already nearly $18M in the hole for next year, so they'd have to free up $85M in cap to trade Watson. 

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Watson is completely untradable for the Texans even if they deeply regret signing him and would love to trade him (which is highly unlikely). They'd have to eat $67M in dead cap next year to trade him. If the salary cap stays flat, that would be nearly 40% of their cap space tied up in a player no longer on the roster. Meanwhile, they're already nearly $18M in the hole for next year, so they'd have to free up $85M in cap to trade Watson. 

Jesus....well I guess thats off the table then.  Damn.  

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is what I think Watson was likely getting at. They hired a consulting firm for the GM search. They were given five names. Caserio's name wasn't on it. Easterby hired who he wanted to anyway. He was always going to do that. He was just hoping the search firm would confirm his choice. Instead that blew up in his face.

I think it's silly to read into a tweet and realistically there's zero chance we will get Watson so I think the Watson talk here is kind of moot, but I do think it's definitely clear that the Texans owner is a complete moron for giving Easterby any power at all, let alone enough to handpick a GM that wasn't a target of the outside firm. It reeks of Hurney and JR to be honest... Glad that Caserio is off the market so Tepper didn't have the chance to make that mistake.

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

Uhhhhhh....I think we might be looking at this from the wrong angle.  Watson will get to play with Brady, just not in Carolina.

https://www.si.com/nfl/texans/news/nfl-gm-coach-tracker-texans-closing-in-on-nick-caserio-joe-brady

I am probably the only one here that thinks Brady to Houston would be a Colossal failure on the Texans part.  He is way too green for a head coaching gig

Archived