• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

let curtis samuel walk

Mister

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

A healthy Cam Newton covered over a multitude of JAGs.

Not to mention a top 3 oline and top defense.

It wasn’t even that Cam was healthy even just a healthy Cam wouldn’t have done that well.

He went straight up super sayan in the NFL that year. That’s not what you can expect consistency out of like a Mahones and Brady etc.

And he had to, watching the games - you can see the team fought tooth and nail that entire year to overcome bad playcalling from idiot coaches.

Can't tie up money in 3 WRs+ highest paid RB. Either trade Robby and sign Samuel or let Samuel walk and spend draft capital on another WR. I want to find a way to keep Moton and Samuel but I just don't see how if we want to upgrade the team. We can't spend all our cap space on the same guys from a 5 win season. That is what Hurney did when the cap went up and we got screwed. 

36 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Not to mention a top 3 oline and top defense.

It wasn’t even that Cam was healthy even just a healthy Cam wouldn’t have done that well.

He went straight up super sayan in the NFL that year. That’s not what you can expect consistency out of like a Mahones and Brady etc.

And he had to, watching the games - you can see the team fought tooth and nail that entire year to overcome bad playcalling from idiot coaches.

Top 3 OL seems pretty generous.   But maybe I am just overly scarred from that one game we won't talk mention by name. 

31 minutes ago, CRA said:

Top 3 OL seems pretty generous.   But maybe I am just overly scarred from that one game we won't talk mention by name. 

Probably was generous. I’ve seen anywhere from 2 to 6...and of course that was regular season rankings not post.

Its literally the only time the oline ranked in the top 10 since Delhomme I believe. Sad.

edit: not sure about 2013. Still.

We're coming off one of the best WR classes in the entire history of the draft.  Those guys having rookie contracts will reduce the cost of the guys mid to late career.  The guys like Curtis are in an interesting bubble.  I honestly am torn.  I love him as a Panther but see him as an expendable asset. 

they made a custom role for him this season that allowed him to showcase some versatility that he's not going to be able to provide once CMC returns. they basically let him run packages built for CMC and he did a good but not great job at it. don't get me wrong he had a fantastic season, but what he was doing is what we pay CMC to do who does it on another planet better. as far as traditional starting WR, it's Moore that has to be prioritized. 

Archived