Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

What would it take to trade up from 8 to 5?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

I wouldn't do it.   The idea that QBs are somehow more important this draft than any other is simple hand wringing.  If fate has it the top 4 QBs go in the first 7 picks, I guess we truly are cursed.  Otherwise, just be patient.

Nobody is saying QBs are more important this year, they are saying the QBs in this class are rated higher than normal, that is a totally different thing.

People need to quit thinking in terms of positional rankings, teams don't care if it is QB2 or QB6, all they care about is how they have them graded.  There is no rule that the top 2 QBs go in the top 10, top 3 in top 15, top 4 in 1st round. 

Some years the first QB might not go to the end of the first round, other years maybe 4 go in the top 15.  2014 Teddy was the first QB at 32 I think.

This year there are 3 QBs that could be No1 QBs a lot of other years, because of this they will go early.

 

 

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CPF4LIFE said:

Thats it?! Wow....we need to close that deal before the draft. 

No.

Why? You make that deal and you basically put up a giant neon billboard that anyone targeting a QB better be trying to leapfrog you. You also run the risk of having whatever QB(s) you're targeting potentially being drafted in the top 4 anyway, absent any further trades.

  • Pie 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Nobody is saying QBs are more important this year, they are saying the QBs in this class are rated higher than normal, that is a totally different thing.

People need to quit thinking in terms of positional rankings, teams don't care if it is QB2 or QB6, all they care about is how they have them graded.  There is no rule that the top 2 QBs go in the top 10, top 3 in top 15, top 4 in 1st round. 

Some years the first QB might not go to the end of the first round, other years maybe 4 go in the top 15.  2014 Teddy was the first QB at 32 I think.

This year there are 3 QBs that could be No1 QBs a lot of other years, because of this they will go early.

 

 

Yes they get graded first, then ranked.  The process in intertwined.  There are two QBs that should go in the top 5, another not far behind.  Yet another that is an intriguing prospect, Lance  most people have graded mid-first round as of now.  I happen to think he's a top 10 prospect, splitting hairs here with a top half of the first round classification.  He had one game this year and was, by his standards, a rusty game.  Once coaches lay eye on him and get to evaluate him, he should easily solidify his position in the top 10 as QB #4.  No, we won't have to move to get him. There's a chance we could get Wilson without moving up too. I'm not on the Wilson bandwagon personally.  I think he's a really good QB, but over-hyped at the moment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 45catfan said:

Yes they get graded first, then ranked.  The process is intertwined.  There are two QBs that should go in the top 5, another not far behind.  Yet another that is an intriguing prospect, Trey Lance, who most people have graded mid-first round as of now.  I happen to think he's a top 10 prospect, splitting hairs here with a top half of the first round classification.  He had one game this year and was, by his standards, a rusty game.  Once coaches lay eyes on him and get to evaluate him, he should easily solidify his position in the top 10 as QB #4.  No, we won't have to move to get him. There's a chance we could get Wilson without moving up too. I'm not on the Wilson bandwagon personally.  I think he's a really good QB, but over-hyped at the moment.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AU-panther said:

 

Some years the first QB might not go to the end of the first round, other years maybe 4 go in the top 15.  2014 Teddy was the first QB at 32 I think. 

 

 

Blake Bortles went 3rd overall and Manziel somewhere in the early 20s that year.

Does not change your point one bit. Just another chance to laugh at the Jags.

Edited by SteveSmithTD89
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

Blake Bortles went 3rd overall and Manziel somewhere in the early 20s that year.

Does not change your point one bit. Just another chance to laugh at the Jags.

I stand corrected, but if Bortles went 3rd that just reaffirms the idea that the top 4 QBs this year could go in the top 10.  I'm guessing if Bortles came out this year he would be 4th or 5th maybe?

I think it was the year before only one QB went in the 1st, EJ Manuel?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TSLA said:

Cinch isn’t going to trade out of 5 because they need to protect their #1 pick Joe Burrow. Sewell should be there for them unless the Jets decide to take Sewell. 

Sewell could easily go 3 to Miami, which if then Cincy likes both Chase and Smith they might be very open to trading down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

No.

Why? You make that deal and you basically put up a giant neon billboard that anyone targeting a QB better be trying to leapfrog you. You also run the risk of having whatever QB(s) you're targeting potentially being drafted in the top 4 anyway, absent any further trades.

I was looking at it from the perspective of there are at least 3 qbs i would be fine with drafting if they moved up. Going to 3 guarantees at least one of them which i only want to move up for a qb. But of course they arent gonna do what i want them to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

You are out of your mind if you think the Eagles are going to pick a QB at 6. Especially if Doug Pederson remains the coach. No coach on the hot seat risks drafting a rookie QB. That doesnt benefit them at all.  The Eagles will be drafting a WR. Thats plain and simple.

So much for this idea. Eagles very much an option to take a QB after Pederson fired.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

So much for this idea. Eagles very much an option to take a QB after Pederson fired.

Yeah I didn’t anticipate the firing. However, i

dont see the eagles drafting another quarterback with two capable starters already on the roster. They need a WR more than anything else.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...