• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields

bobcat91

Just now, The Huddler said:

what's worse is losing our young core's faith in out coaching staff

don't build a house's foundation on weak, unstable ground.   aka cuckold loser mentality

If we got one less pointless win last year we likely draft Herbert instead of missing him by one spot. Winning after that would cure the “losers mentality”. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

If you had Herbert or Brown you draft Herbert almost every time. Stop. 

Don't get me wrong.  I wanted them to lose too.

But at the end of the day its not worth losing your locker room over. That dooms Rhule before he can even attempt to build anything. 

Just now, The Huddler said:

Don't get me wrong.  I wanted them to lose too.

But at the end of the day its not worth losing your locker room over. That dooms Rhule before he can even attempt to build anything. 

I don’t think it would have lost the locker room here in Carolina. I don’t think the players believe in Teddy like the Eagles locker room believes in Jalen. Our locker room knows we need a new QB. Their locker room felt like they might have it and it’s better to keep him in high stress games now, to prep for next year and they pulled him for a crap tier QB.

Wilson scares the crap out of me.  He looked absolutely average against COASTAL F*CKING CAROLINA.

Fields was dropping dimes, going into the game banged up, got further banged up, and his D made him have to catch up with Bama.

Wilson isn't bad but Fields is leaps and bounds past him.  If you look at mechanics, footwork (which is super critical), Wilson is very far behind.

6 minutes ago, saX man said:

Wilson scares the crap out of me.  He looked absolutely average against COASTAL F*CKING CAROLINA.

Fields was dropping dimes, going into the game banged up, got further banged up, and his D made him have to catch up with Bama.

Wilson isn't bad but Fields is leaps and bounds past him.  If you look at mechanics, footwork (which is super critical), Wilson is very far behind.

I’m not sure how we came to opposite conclusions, but what I see in Wilson is a solid QB who sees the game and has better fundamentals than Fields. Fields has all the physical tools and a way higher ceiling, but isn’t close to Zach’s football IQ. 

also not sure what game you were watching. Wilson looked really good in that CCU game if you actually watched it. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

If that's what you honestly think, you got too caught up in watching the outcome of the plays to notice what was happening.

He dropped dimes but his footwork was jittery.  He's on his toes and not comfortable against better comp.

What I'm getting at is Wilson's ceiling is a top QB just like Fields---but Zach gets toe tippy rather than run backwards and throw away style.  Neither ideal but both show toughness and step into the pocket so I'm sold on both.  Hold a gun to my head and it's Fields even with the OSU stigma.

1 hour ago, Varking said:
1 hour ago, bobcat91 said:

This performance is exactly why I dont want him and why Wilson is a much better prospect. In the 3rd quarter and under 100 yards passing. He has risen to the occasion one time. Nothing special the rest of the time.

Wilson didn’t even rise to the occasion against Coastal Carolina. 

Sounds like both should be eliminated from consideration...

...Haskins?

Archived