• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers "narrowing the field"

Mr. Scot

Per Joe Person, currently on WFNZ. Apparently, a couple of guys have already been advised by the Panthers that they're "moving in another direction"(no word on who).

Person also mentioned that Tepper and Rhule haven't necessarily been on the same page in the search, specifically with Tepper wanting to look more at the "outside the box" guys but Rhule wanting a traditional talent evaluator.

As far as names, Person said he "keeps coming back" to Adam Peters. But also Interestingly said that if a guy like Peters is hired, that guy will have final say on the roster.

On a non-GM note, Person said the general belief is that the Panthers will be focused on getting a quarterback this offseason and moving on from Teddy Bridgewater.

And one final note: Joe Brady heading to Atlanta as their head coach is a very real possibility.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

On a non-GM note, Person said the general belief is that the Panthers will be focused on getting a quarterback this offseason and moving on from Teddy Bridgewater.

The fanbase would revolt if they didn't. Teddy is a top notch backup.

1 minute ago, Soul Rebel said:

All of this makes sense. 

Curious....has Person become a more trusted/reliable/accepted source? Forever, I thought of him as a guy that you take the opposite on. Out of the loop and just a shade better than DNewton. 

He got better when he joined the Atlantic.

Seems like a real journalist now. 

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

All of this makes sense. 

Curious....has Person become a more trusted/reliable/accepted source? Forever, I thought of him as a guy that you take the opposite on. Out of the loop and just a shade better than DNewton. 

Spanish is correct.

Person was actually one of the earliest guys to mention that the Panthers could move on from Cam Newton. Also had specifics on what kind of injury Newton had (lisfranc) before others did.

He has his flaws, but he's a lot better than the sh-t he gets from some folks here.

1 minute ago, Hoenheim said:

What exactly did joe brady do to warrant an immediate head coaching hire after one season as a OC in the NFL? 

They have to be looking more at his college stuff? Or they just know Teddy's a bum and like his playcalling? Lol

His scheme and the plays he called throughout the year were all very, very good. Situationally it could have been better at times but he was learning as he was going. 

Teddy and the lack of a true redzone threat really limited what the offense could truly do.

I’m in the minority but I want Brady gone this year so we don’t draft a qb that just fits his specific system. Because Brady is going to be leaving shortly if it’s not this year. I want to draft a talented qb not a system qb. Makes me feel like we might draft someone like Mac Jones instead of Trey Lance. Maybe I’m wrong. Brady vouching for teddy leaves a horrible taste. Bye.

As far as a two gm type system I’ve been reading I don’t think that’s necessarily a bad thing. Kwesi is super smart but he’s green. I think he’s only been in the league for a couple years with the 49ers and Browns. You’d need someone who has more of a traditional eye and has more experience to pair with him. That’s hard to do though. Most of those types of guys just want the jobs themselves. Not clue what they’re gonna do but I won’t rush to judgement.

Archived