• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thinking outside the realm

Beerfacedlegend

Let’s say Wilson does not fall in our laps or let’s say we can get another qb in free agency that makes us not desperate for a qb in the draft  how does everyone feel about devonta mr heisman , mr 3 championship tds smith?

but we don’t need a wr you say right ? What if I told you we are making our biggest strength even better , dj Moore Robby Anderson and devonta smith is dangerous, like Akon said so dangerous.

Building on our strengths can make this team a play off team faster , it makes us have an identity something that we are missing , kind of like the line backing days we don’t need Luke we have Jon Beason I remember hearing that a lot .

devonta smith provides us with a true # 1 receiving ability , which opens up talent around him like dj and Anderson . We can kick curtis to the curb and Re focus that money on defense in free agency .

we can also get a solid qb in the later rounds , of course it’s much riskier because we failed on will Grier but a lot of teams had a vast amount of success find a qb outside round one . 

don’t hate me just throwing this idea out there very unlikely but this is a best player available situation because right now we got our selfs a situation.

1 minute ago, Zod said:

I am very worried our desperation for a QB will make us reach for a mediocre QB in the hopes he will pan out. I have no problem with taking a pass if we like but don't love a qb. 

Ok, then why don’t we get someone young and promising like Kyle Allen or Heinicke?  Pick either one, don’t want to see Teddy as our QB without anyone waiting to develop.

1.  There are no QB's entering FA this year that we can afford and/or worth a crap.  Rivers, Brissett and Prescott are out of our price range.  Trubisky, Fitzmagic and Tyrod Taylor don't excite anyone.

2.  We don't need a WR.  We need to keep the ones we have which are much better than your average NFL receiver.

3.  If we aren't drafting a QB at the top of the draft, we have like 10-12 needs more pressing than WR.  Like any position on the O Line, Mike LB, CB, TE . . . 

27 minutes ago, Zod said:

I am very worried our desperation for a QB will make us reach for a mediocre QB in the hopes he will pan out. I have no problem with taking a pass if we like but don't love a qb. 

First, I want a new quarterback as much as anybody.  Second, if we get a Trey Lance type guy to sit and learn for a year, or most of a year, behind Teddy, I'm cool with that.

My concern is Coach Rhule might think he can take any athletic body, throw him in the fire and coach him up to an NFL starting level.  I don't think that can be done with the quarterback position.  Maybe.  But it's been on my mind.

1 hour ago, Zod said:

That’s what I believe as well , I’m not sold on tre lance and if fields or Wilson ain’t there I see a problem reaching for a qb

Archived