• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

for those that don't like Lance

AU-panther

3 hours ago, Varking said:

Kiper also staked his job on Clausen being a great NFL QB. 

He did, and that was a bad miss. The guy still breathes college football and watches infinitely more film then I do. Obviously I take his opinion (and other "experts'" with a grain of salt, but that doesn't mean I don't value it.

5 hours ago, Mage said:

I just don't see it with Lance.  You are really banking on a huge improvement with him.  Not saying it's impossible because we've seen it before, but he is by far the riskiest of the 1st round QBs.  I, personally, would prefer the team pass and wait for a QB in 2021 if it came down to it.  But I wouldn't be angry if we took him.  He's got an elite skill-set.  He just needs a lot of coaching up.

This is a good evaluation.  I dont want him at 8, but will welcome him if he is the pick

15 hours ago, JawnyBlaze said:

I’m not enamored with Lance. He didn’t make reads in college. They pretty much only ran one read plays. Not saying he can’t learn, but there’s no evidence he can either. 

Not to say he's going to be Mahomes, but a couple of quick links on Mahomes in hindsight. 

Mahomes is raw / boom-or-bust / super-athletic - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2017/04/26/patrick-mahomes-nfl-draft-2017-quarterback-teams-texas-tech/100942974/

Mahomes didn't start reading defenses until year 3 - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2879589-chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-says-he-didnt-learn-to-read-defenses-until-last-year

Again, Mahomes is a generational freak of nature that had Andy Reid guiding him, so not trying to compare Lance to him. I see a lot of Randall Cunningham/Favre/Tannehill kind of demeanor to him. Super mobile and athletic, gunslinger, precise when you think he wouldn't be and a high-IQ guy that has played lesser talents than Big-5 schools.

He is still raw but from what intel is out there about him, highly coachable and a hard worker. 

4 hours ago, Soul Rebel said:

Not to say he's going to be Mahomes, but a couple of quick links on Mahomes in hindsight. 

Mahomes is raw / boom-or-bust / super-athletic - https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/draft/2017/04/26/patrick-mahomes-nfl-draft-2017-quarterback-teams-texas-tech/100942974/

Mahomes didn't start reading defenses until year 3 - https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2879589-chiefs-qb-patrick-mahomes-says-he-didnt-learn-to-read-defenses-until-last-year

Again, Mahomes is a generational freak of nature that had Andy Reid guiding him, so not trying to compare Lance to him. I see a lot of Randall Cunningham/Favre/Tannehill kind of demeanor to him. Super mobile and athletic, gunslinger, precise when you think he wouldn't be and a high-IQ guy that has played lesser talents than Big-5 schools.

He is still raw but from what intel is out there about him, highly coachable and a hard worker. 

Yea the potential is absolutely there no doubt. And if we draft him I’ll be on board and optimistic. But if I’m the one drafting I’m going with Wilson or if the stars aligned Lawrence or some other guy that has shown he can make reads as long as there are no other significant deficiencies.  (Fields is another im gun shy about, running almost exclusively a one read system based on what I’ve seen)

On 1/13/2021 at 1:05 PM, imminent rogaine said:

Trade back, load up on linemen (tackle, guard, center.. all of them). grab a corner, draft Desmond Ridder and have him sit a year behind teddy. 

Moton sign. Samuel walks. paradis gone. Kk gone. Boston gone. And after the next year Teddy, peace. 

I kinda agree. Trade back, grab Jones later in the 1st, load up on linemen (tackle, guard, center.. all of them). grab a corner.

Moton sign. Samuel walks (unfortunately). Keep Paradis, he was decent this year and, as i understand it, we pay him $10 million to play 2021 and $5M to walk. We're scott free after 2021, and he at least adds a little bit of familiarity to the line  Kk gone. Boston gone. And after the next year Teddy, peace.

Archived