• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Peters is out - GM Search down to 3 candidates

Zod

3 minutes ago, Charlotte_Sports_Hub said:

Nah. Even if Marty is a stagnant rock he always hit on First rounders. The only time he didn't was in 09 when he traded up i believe. 

GM's job is more than just drafting though. Marty's cap management and paying players who needed to walk (and vice versa with Bradberry) was pretty horrible

10 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I really liked what they did a year or two ago with stockpiling picks but then yeah that draft didn't look great. and the Penny pick was an absolute head scratcher, I remember thinking how pissed I'd be if I was a seahawks fan when they took him. That being said would take him over Marty in a heartbeat

A few years ago I'd have killed for a guy from the Seahawks Front Office.

Not anymore, they've not drafted well for a while.

10 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Says the guy who says "organizational structure" doesn't matter. Then seemingly proceeds to argue that the perceived struggles of this process are due to a "revolutionary new power dynamic". That sure sounds a lot like "organizational structure".

You're just raving like a lunatic.

You have no idea what i am saying at all and are in such a rush to defend the team that you can't even process what's being said, also reported for personal insults, moderator

Every team takes their big swing at Changing The System, the panthers are not unique to this

The reality is that the system-from coaching, to the organization, to the merchandising department at the stadium-depend very little on how that system is ordered

They are substantially dependent upon those executing said system-and the latent talent of the individuals

The primary focus of a general manager is and should be the assessment of talent-and their ability to do that at a high level supersedes anything else

You don't draft a QB you fit your system-you find the system to fit your QB -You dont settle for an inferior performer because you've got a really fantastical new idea for how the offense should work

18 minutes ago, Charlotte_Sports_Hub said:

I have not liked the way the seahawks have drafted over the years though. They have not drafted a pro bowler in quite some time i believe, don't know if thats a Carrol Issue or a Fitterer Issue. 

Carrol.  Fitterer does not deal with personal eval.  He just an operations guy.  Making sure everything runs smoothly.

19 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

I really liked what they did a year or two ago with stockpiling picks but then yeah that draft didn't look great. and the Penny pick was an absolute head scratcher, I remember thinking how pissed I'd be if I was a seahawks fan when they took him. That being said would take him over Marty in a heartbeat

That's because stockpiling draft picks is a terrible draft strategy

Just now, Growl said:

That's because stockpiling draft picks is a terrible draft strategy

lol what. no it isn't when you're paying your QB a top 3 salary. Now paying your QB that much is a completely different matter, but that's just a silly statement. 

6 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Oh I know it’s u buddy, it shows by the way. Good try though, how about u just keep me out of ur mouth. Next time I will be reporting u.

Please do. 

Hell, thinking back on it, it may have actually been me who banned you. You got so many warnings from every mod I can't remember which one of us finally pulled the trigger.

Archived