• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun wants out! Do it Panthers!

Zod

like this entire article is full of jaw dropping moments but the mcnair's daughter had security guards go confiscate a banner they thought was insulting, then called the girl out on instagram the next day

When Baker left to get a beer at halftime he asked Ashley Reidy, a friend and fellow Texans fan, to watch his banner while he was gone. Their seats are directly across the field from the McNair’s box, and Reidy says that, as soon as Baker got up, security descended again.

“They asked if they could see my banner, and I said, ‘You can not. It’s not mine,’ ” she says.

Reidy is a Houston native whose father was a season-ticket holder for the Oilers; she has owned Texans season tickets since 2003, the franchise’s second season. And, through a family connection, she’s an acquaintance of Hannah McNair. They followed each other on Instagram.

She suspected Hannah had asked security to confiscate Baker’s banners when he got up, though her theory drew more of an eye roll when she told her husband. But Monday morning, Reidy had a direct message from Hannah’s now-deleted Instagram account: “I saw y’all on Sunday. Do you feel proud of yourself and your new friends? Y’all have zero basis for your charades. Easy to act that way when you know nothing.” And then she saw she had been blocked. (A Texans spokesperson did not respond to questions about Hannah’s Instagram account or any interactions she had with fans through social media.

12 hours ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

So a team with Teddy Bridgwater, no CMC, a first year HC, no offseason, all of the rookies on defense, all the dead cap money, etc. wins 5 games.

And with Deshaun Watson instead...we regress?  Well poo we should trade Teddy for even more since he promises more wins than Deshaun. 

That isn’t the future, that was this pst year.

The future is a promising HC, healthy CMC and drafting a QB with resources allocated to the entire team. A better scenario than what we have now, nothing more, since we have it up, and just sticking Watson in.

The ideal team to give up a lot for Watson is not a 5 win team, but rather a good team already built/established on the brink who can afford it. That isn’t the Panthers.

42 minutes ago, onmyown said:

That isn’t the future, that was this pst year.

The future is a promising HC, healthy CMC and drafting a QB with resources allocated to the entire team. A better scenario than what we have now, nothing more, since we have it up, and just sticking Watson in.

The ideal team to give up a lot for Watson is not a 5 win team, but rather a good team already built/established on the brink who can afford it. That isn’t the Panthers.

We were 1 drive with a better QB away from 10-6 (or better.)

34 minutes ago, pnthrs said:

We were 1 drive with a better QB away from 10-6 (or better.)

And we’d be the first team is NFL history to go in the deep playoffs with other areas ranked as they were among other factors.

Nah, I don’t think we would broken all those records.

8 minutes ago, onmyown said:

And we’d be the first team is NFL history to go in the deep playoffs with other areas ranked as they were among other factors.

Nah, I don’t think we would broken all those records.

What?  I didn't say anything about playoffs or records....  

I just don't think we are as unappealing of a team as our record indicated.  

Our defense just needs a few players in the backfield and at least one LB. On offense we need a few pieces on the line. We aren't far off from being really good, we just need to get our QB or else any improvement we make this offseason will be for nothing. I think we can afford to give up a lot for Watson. We're going nowhere with Teddy. Do it.

55 minutes ago, pnthrs said:

What?  I didn't say anything about playoffs or records....  

I just don't think we are as unappealing of a team as our record indicated.  

I’m not talking about records, I’m talking about stats. Our stats indicate we are unappealing. No secondary. One LB. Paradis and Moton make up the oline. One not signed and one not very good with nagging injury and one year left. And the stats reflect this.

People look at our skill positions and think that makes a winning team. But 20 years of football statistics aside say we are not a playoff team. And playoffs matter, they’re are the primary goal before the super bowl.

Again giving up something like 3 firsts+...it’s going to be very hard if not impossible to fill basically 8+ nonexistent starting positions. Unless we scrape the barrel. Which is what Houston has done with Watson so we know the results.

Again, a Watson trade would be best for a team on the brink, not the Panthers.

On 1/15/2021 at 3:19 PM, Mr. Scot said:

That's kind of the point though.

Getting somebody that good is pretty much always going to take giving up more than you should really give up.

The Rams have not had a first round pick since 2016 and they seem to be doing OK.

It’s fun to speculate but this has 0.01% of happening and it’s not because we don’t have the assets, it’s because of our front office.

really think Watson wants to come here after how we treated some former players ?one being the previous franchise qb

he’s not leaving the Texans to end up in a similar situation just in a different state, we have a long way to go before we can lure players of his caliber. 

13 minutes ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

It’s fun to speculate but this has 0.01% of happening and it’s not because we don’t have the assets, it’s because of our front office.

really think Watson wants to come here after how we treated some former players ?one being the previous franchise qb

he’s not leaving the Texans to end up in a similar situation just in a different state, we have a long way to go before we can lure players of his caliber. 

We treated Cam no way did u see how he played this year he wasn’t worth what we would have paid him for that last year. Damn people can not get other crap, it was easy to see he was finished.

21 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

We treated Cam no way did u see how he played this year he wasn’t worth what we would have paid him for that last year. Damn people can not get other crap, it was easy to see he was finished.

What is there to get over? The decision is fine but how it was made is a problem, we can live in la la land and act like half the previous roster wasn’t commenting about how poorly the situation was handled, guys like olsen, Addison, Tolbert ect were very critical of the FO, lol but hey keep believing Watson looks at the Panthers as a better situation than the Texans *hint* he doesn’t, don’t steer off topic 

Archived