• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rapoport: Panthers expected to be in the mix for Watson.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

AND they have the cap space, draft capital and equally young QBs to swap in such a trade.  WE CAN'T DO IT.  Dream people.  Some folks will always chase a big name, ramifications and consequences be damned.  Just got rid of Hurney, Just got of rid of most of our dead cap, and finally will have some decent cap space.

Nope, chase the shiny object.

We can't beat the Dolphins if they are willing to throw Tua AND the same pick haul as us, true.  That's why we have to outbid them.  Maybe it helps Tua's star isn't nearly as bright either, the whole reason they're willing to move off him in the first place.

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

I don't see the Texans jumping the gun.... they will stall as long as they can on this. 

...and watch the asking price increase.  If we don't have the ammunition now, just wait until the negotiations get heated between the handful of teams that can actually pull off the trade.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

okay thats fair. I read race as a sprint in your previous message. Let the race be run.

Yeah, I'm not convinced this is going to happen fast. But I am convinced their will be no shortage of competitors. If something happens, I think it will likely happen in the final weeks leading up to the draft.

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

Thank heavens you don't get to make that call. 

The mentality that you and GMs have of keeping a flame for pro-bowl but no all-pro talent that with teddy two yards has no chance of ever elevating a team above 9-7 at best while the the best QB to hit the market in his prime in possibly three decades is out there, is why there are so many middling, loser teams out there, Panthers included.

3 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

...and watch the asking price increase.  If we don't have the ammunition now, just wait until the negotiations get heated between the handful of teams that can actually pull off the trade.

Just keep in mind, Watson will have to sign off. That's what makes this deal so challenging. So no matter how sweet the pot, unless Watson waives the no trade clause... it wont happen.

Just now, MVPccaffrey said:

The mentality that you and GMs have of keeping a flame for pro-bowl but no all-pro talent that with teddy two yards has no chance of ever elevating a team above 9-7 at best while the the best QB to hit the market in his prime in possibly three decades is out there, is why there are so many middling, loser teams out there, Panthers included.

Yeah but Watson isn't going to go to a team that's completely gutted. 

that's why it's a difficult balance. Offer too much and he doesn't want to deal with it.