• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting Mock from The Draft Network

kungfoodude

3 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Interestingly enough, both Jeremiah and Zierlein like Slater more than Sewell, which blew my mind. 

I LOVE Slater for us at 8. More so, DJ and Zierlein are two of the most respected analysts out there, so it's not just some rando trying to get click bait with an absurd take. It will be interesting to see how the OT1 race goes leading up to the draft. 

This is another reason teams in the top-5 should consider trading down if they don't take a QB.  You don't stay put for a non-QB, if other teams are willing to overpay for your pick so they can take a QB.  The next guys you can pick isn't so much worse of a prospect that you give up multiple picks.

Sewell might be better than Slater but is he better than Slater + 2 1st round picks?

11 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

Interestingly enough, both Jeremiah and Zierlein like Slater more than Sewell, which blew my mind. 

I LOVE Slater for us at 8. More so, DJ and Zierlein are two of the most respected analysts out there, so it's not just some rando trying to get click bait with an absurd take. It will be interesting to see how the OT1 race goes leading up to the draft. 

As he said, we are in media bobblehead land at the moment. Real talent evaluators are the minority opinions at the moment. All the best info the bobbleheads get is largely from talking to the actual scouting guys.

7 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

This is another reason teams in the top-5 should consider trading down if they don't take a QB.  You don't stay put for a non-QB, if other teams are willing to overpay for your pick so they can take a QB.  The next guys you can pick isn't so much worse of a prospect that you give up multiple picks.

Sewell might be better than Slater but is he better than Slater + 2 1st round picks?

Yep. It is hard to pass up getting that extra first rounder, TBH.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Teddy will at least start the season even if we do draft a QB, so prepare yourself.

I'm fine with that. As long as he isn't the only option I'm good. If we draft someone like Trey Lance I could even live with another year of Teddy as the rookie learns. I just need to know that they recognize Teddy aint dat deal.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Maybe. It is also possible we move in another direction with a different veteran QB. 

Eh, with the cap capital already tied up in Teddy, I don't think we'd go after another veteran unless it's a backup guy looking for a chance to compete for a starting spot a la Jake Delhomme in 2003.

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Eh, with the cap capital already tied up in Teddy, I don't think we'd go after another veteran unless it's a backup guy looking for a chance to compete for a starting spot a la Jake Delhomme in 2003.

He isn't difficult or expensive to cut at the moment and the cap hit isn't that bad. I wouldn't say it is impossible to catch a player that will hit free agency and get him on a Winston/Cam "Reclamation Project" one year deal. A guy like Trubisky comes to mind.

Archived