• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It took the Patriots 30 years to become good

PanthersATL

As we're almost hitting the 30 year mark ourselves, perhaps it's worthwhile to note that some NFL teams were perennial laughing stocks of the entire league for years and years before finding success to stay in the Top Five (or Top Ten).  We've been relatively lucky in having a minimum of horrible seasons among the larger number of mediocre and fantastic runs.  Have the Panthers ever been referred to as a "laughing stock" or a given Easy Win outside of singular seasons?  I don't recall that being the case, but I could be wrong.  Those monikers have certainly been applied to a number of other teams we know... 

If memory serves me correctly, we've been typically in the Top Half of NFL rankings the vast majority of our years, so not nearly as horrible as another team that joined the league in the mid 90's has been over the same timeframe...

A reminder talking about how horrible the Patriots used to be: https://samuelburleigh.medium.com/when-the-patriots-were-nfl-s-laughingstock-a-look-back-on-the-pre-brady-patriots-61415e4e1ba4 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, MVPccaffrey said:

It's about ownership.  Kraft bought the Patriots in '94, and they were in the big game in two years.  Back again and winning it within 7.  

Tepper is going into what, year three?  He's behind schedule

Well and drafting a guy named Tom Brady.