• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Remmers will start at left tackle in the Superbowl.

Zod

On 1/25/2021 at 8:53 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

It's a damn good thing they have Andy Reid and Eric Bieniemy instead of Ron Rivera and Mike Shula. The OL is gonna be a liability but they know it and they'll try to game plan around it instead of changing literally nothing and hoping for the best.

This^^. Yeah Remmers isn't good but our inept coaching staff did nothing to counter act this. No roll outs, no quicks drops, screens, NOTHING. Been saying this since it happened 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, cookinwithgas said:

I met him a couple of months after the SB and he was pretty salty to me so screw him no matter what team he’s on, I’ll never forgive him for sucking so bad

If you hate someone for sports performance reasons then you deserve salty treatment.

He was super nice when I met him. 

2 hours ago, pantherclaw said:

A lot of day 1 picks invested in that oline, am I right?? Lol

You need to go look at their injury report. Some of those are backups. 

LT Fisher - 1st

OG Osemele - 2nd

RT Schwartz - 2nd

So that's three injured starters that were drafted in the first 2 rounds through out the year keeping to the idea they value good players that were drafted high, followed by solid backups who were not. Holding the backups as some kind of example to follow is incorrect. 

2 hours ago, Waldo said:

You need to go look at their injury report. Some of those are backups. 

LT Fisher - 1st

OG Osemele - 2nd

RT Schwartz - 2nd

So that's three injured starters that were drafted in the first 2 rounds through out the year keeping to the idea they value good players that were drafted high, followed by solid backups who were not. Holding the backups as some kind of example to follow is incorrect. 

Was just a joke. Sheesh. 

On 1/25/2021 at 6:18 AM, TSLA said:

But I thought that the experts on this forum were saying that we should fix the OL before trying to get a franchise QB? Which one is it? Can’t have it both ways. 

Implying one shouldn't acquire a LT to protect your franchise qb before getting said qb by pointing to a single example, especially when that single example is widely regarded as the best young qb in the league, and particularly effective at both getting the ball out quick and maneuvering or scrambling to avoid the rush is cherry picking the argument.

Yes, if one could be assured of getting a franchise qb whose skills in these highly specific areas were as good as Mahomes, then prioritizing the OL wouldn't make sense. Since it's entirely possible to get a talented qb who doesn't happen to be almost inhumanly good at these qualities that mitigate the need for a good OL, maybe we should consider possible outcomes beyond ONLY the absolute best we could hope for, like say for instance Joe Burrow's rookie season being cut short by injury behind a porous OL, and factor those into our thinking.

It's not having it both ways, it's looking at more than just what you want to see to support your own argument.