• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Teams already reaching out to Detroit for Stafford

ncfan

1 hour ago, davos said:

He still has quite a zip and has always been able to launch rockets.  Crazy to think he's only a year older than Cam. Been steady at ~65% with throwing a lot of bombs to Golladay and Jones. 

It is pretty damn interesting to consider how he would do with a guy like CMC on his team.  He's never had that before.

We could do a lot worse.  I would at least talk to Stafford's agent to see if there's mutual interest.  If there's is I would keep an eye on the situation.

52 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Indy?  went 11-5 and QB just retired.  Patriots? WFT?  Denver?

There are plenty of teams you could see Stafford as a good upgrade and from the outside looking in we don't look as appealing as a lot of the fans on this forum think.

We got better skill position players surrounding the QB than all 4 of those teams.  

All depends what you are looking for.  

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

We got better skill position players surrounding the QB than all 4 of those teams.  

and we won 5 games.  I get being a homer, but really, lets try to somewhat realistic.

Indy went 11-5.  Pittsburg went 12-4.  Patriots have won the Super Bowl.  I'm not super sold on WFT but they did win the division, and had a better record then us.  None of the other teams in that division look stable so he might view that as favorable

We aren't nearly the FA destination that a lot of the fans think.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, AU-panther said:

and we won 5 games.  I get being a homer, but really, lets try to somewhat realistic.

Indy went 11-5.  Pittsburg went 12-4.  Patriots have won the Super Bowl.  I'm not super sold on WFT but they did win the division, and had a better record then us.  None of the other teams in that division look stable so he might view that as favorable

We aren't nearly the FA destination that a lot of the fans think.  

Yeah, we won 5 games....because we didn’t have a decent QB.  QB league. 

you think we win 5 games if you flip flop Teddy and Tom Brady this season? We are in the playoffs.  

17 minutes ago, CRA said:

Yeah, we won 5 games....because we didn’t have a decent QB.  QB league. 

you think we win 5 games if you flip flop Teddy and Tom Brady this season? We are in the playoffs.  

Your fandom is cute.

and WFT won more than us without a QB

Pittsburg won more than us without a QB

Patriots won more than us without a QB

Indy won 11 games with Rivers, do you seriously not think that Stafford considers himself as good as Rivers.

Denver won more than us without a QB.

San Fran won more than us without a QB.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

He is from the south.  College ball at GA.  The Carolinas are nicer than Detroit.   No snow. Cost of living is good. 

and we had 3 WRs go over 1000 total yards last year...and CMC.  No team will offer a better set of skill position players. 

that’s the pitch. 

Pretty good pitch

26 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We also have to remember that he doesn't get to pick.

The split seems somewhat amicable, I would think they will work with him to some degree.

They aren't going to give him away for nothing, also I'm sure they would like to keep him out of the division, but I expect them to work to help them get to somewhere he wants to be.

• Pie 1

37 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

Your fandom is cute.

and WFT won more than us without a QB

Pittsburg won more than us without a QB

Patriots won more than us without a QB

Indy won 11 games with Rivers, do you seriously not think that Stafford considers himself as good as Rivers.

Denver won more than us without a QB.

San Fran won more than us without a QB.

I specifically said we had better skill position players surrounding the QB than the teams you listed (now your adding Pitt and SF)   You never named one equipped with better skill position guys of the 4. 

Thinking Tom Brady wins more games in Carolina than Teddy isn’t being a Panther homer. We were in every game late....with a bad QB and no CMC.   QB driven league.  It matters.  

and I’m not buying into this silly narrative that is proven false every year ....that it takes years to contend.  You can become a contender or fall off the map overnight in today’s NFL in most scenarios.