• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2021 Senior Bowl Day 1: Five stars from practice

Icege

Link to the article

Interesting excerpt from the end:

Noteworthy: Alabama's Landon Dickerson, unavailable to play or practice with a knee injury, was nevertheless on the field and strongly attuned to instruction from Carolina Panthers coaches. Dickerson was working on technique with fellow interior offensive lineman David Moore, of Grambling, between reps.

Yes pls

Edited by Icege
  • Pie 3

Only thing, dont thing he make it to our 3rd pick.  

Posted a thread about him the other week.  And the consensus among people here, they didnt want to touch him until the late rds due to injuries.

Dickerson is from Hickory, NC

Really started to like the idea of Onwuzurike as a potential 3-tech replacement for KK beside of Brown

Edited by ncfan
  • Pie 1

29 minutes ago, Newbie said:

He’d fit in with the culture we’re trying to build but man he gets injured a lot. 

If he gets injured a lot at 20-21, he doesn’t stand a chance at 25-27 (with a longer nfl season).

Sounds like he isn’t worth any pick.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Only thing, dont thing he make it to our 3rd pick.  

Posted a thread about him the other week.  And the consensus among people here, they didnt want to touch him until the late rds due to injuries.

Dickerson is from Hickory, NC

Really started to like the idea of Onwuzurike as a potential 3-tech replacement for KK beside of Brown

My wife’s from Hickory and that gives me a good reason to follow this young man. I’m glad I’m not alone on thinking he’s an injury risk. We really need to build up our o-line and hope we’re actually serious this time about doing so. 

Big men with injury histories are a failed draft pick waiting to happen.  There's another Tide player, O Lineman, similar excellent character, great when he is healthy, but terrible injury history.  We can't afford that sort of risk.  A winning organization doesn't take chances, they make calculated decisions.

• Beer 1

I'm just excited that we're vetting center prospects. Paradis is a potential cap casualty and the team needs the future pivot for the OL. There are a several very intriguing center prospects this year:

• Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma)
  • Landon Dickerson (Alabama)
  • Trey Hill (Georgia)
  • Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa)
  • Josh Myers (Ohio State)
  • Drake Jackson (Kentucky)

If the team is looking to continue the rebuild and not rush to win now, I'd love to see them scoop up a young guy to either learn for a year or supplant Paradis.

9 minutes ago, Icege said:

I'm just excited that we're vetting center prospects. Paradis is a potential cap casualty and the team needs the future pivot for the OL. There are a several very intriguing center prospects this year:

• Creed Humphrey (Oklahoma)
  • Landon Dickerson (Alabama)
  • Trey Hill (Georgia)
  • Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa)
  • Josh Myers (Ohio State)
  • Drake Jackson (Kentucky)

If the team is looking to continue the rebuild and not rush to win now, I'd love to see them scoop up a young guy to either learn for a year or supplant Paradis.

Love, love, love Creed. Kid's going to be a stud at the next level. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Interior offensive lineman don't need to be big names to be good in the NFL, there's a lot of potential starters at the Senior Bowl. I knew Humphrey would be hyped here bc he went to a big time program and has a cool name but thankfully you can find good players on the line all throughout the draft. Dickerson is always injured so that should be a big red flag, esp if you complain about Greg Little not being able to stay healthy.