• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jamie Newman Turning Heads

slumdogmillionaire

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

What do you mean "this good"?  Its been 2 practices. 

Has a strong arm and a solid brain. For any QB with those two things, they would need something negative to push them out of the first. Too small, injuries, toxic personality or a noodle arm would be reasons reasons viable QB fall and even then we see guy go in the first with concerns.

• Pie 1

55 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I’m getting vet qb and drafting newman

Seems like a really lousy investment. We wouldn't be able to resign Moton or Samuels at that point, and we'd have 2 pricey QBs on our roster plus Newman.

I'd rather just draft Newman and let him start or sit and learn than bring in another vet QB for no reason on top of drafting him.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, OldhamA said:

You have Lance in your avatar. Lawrence is by far the best QB in this Draft.

Who do you hate out of Fields and Wilson?

I apparently can't count this morning....hehe. 

Newman would be 5th. 

Personally, I have it as:

Lawerence

Fields | Wilson

Lance

Newman

Jones | Trask

• Pie 2

14 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ditto on a qb working with our staff in developing them but I think Allen is the exception not the rule.  I just think JN is the ultimate project with a ton of flaws in his game.  Big arm sure, but his accuracy and decision making need a lot of fine tuning.  His game against Clemson last year really put things in perspective for me about him.

Yeah he is still pretty raw. Clemson was going to be rough. He leading WR was out and his line/weapons were going against all around superior talent. With that said he still looked pretty bad (no time to throw and no players getting open can do that). I try to look at his games against similar talented teams like UNC, NC St, Louisville, and VT. Didn’t look good against VT, but great in the other 3. Sounds like the potential is there, just needs some coaching/development IMO.

27 minutes ago, Madwolf said:

Seems like a really lousy investment. We wouldn't be able to resign Moton or Samuels at that point, and we'd have 2 pricey QBs on our roster plus Newman.

I'd rather just draft Newman and let him start or sit and learn than bring in another vet QB for no reason on top of drafting him.

No I’m getting rid of bridgewater no matter what

4 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yes, which proves you're an idiot. Nothing like adding an enormous salary cap hit to your bottom line, and then bringing in another veteran which will give you another big contract, on top of bringing in a rookie who will replace him.

All done for spite, which leaves us without our best offensive linemen, who just so happens to be a tackle, and ensures we also lose an explosive WR.

Are you sure you weren't a previous General Manager for the Lions? Cause you super dumb!

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Yeah and said bridgewater was legit lol!

Yep, I said he'd be serviceable and he'd be a great teacher for a young rookie QB we'd bring into replace him. Missed on the first part, but if we bring it a rookie, I won't be about the 2nd.

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

You do realize that if we draft a QB vs. getting a vet, that Teddy is starting the year under center. Fields, Wilson, Lance, Newman, etc. are not ready to get thrown to the dogs week 1.

That was the plan when he was signed, and I don't see why it wouldn't be the plan for at least the first 40-50% of the season.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Soul Rebel said:

You do realize that if we draft a QB vs. getting a vet, that Teddy is starting the year under center. Fields, Wilson, Lance, Newman, etc. are not ready to get thrown to the dogs week 1.

That was the plan when he was signed, and I don't see why it wouldn't be the plan for at least the first 40-50% of the season.

He's not smart.

• Poo 1