Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Gamestop stock situation - anyone else in on this?


Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, frash.exe said:

while agreeing with most of what you said, how do you say the game isn’t rigged when these brokerages are literally prohibiting regular joes from buying GME on their apps... but they’re still able to sell it? if you can sell it, there has to be a buyer, but if you can’t buy it on robinhood, or any brokerage that apparently uses apex clearing, then there is some behind-the-scenes horse poo happening, bc somebody out there is not happy their hedge fund lost billions bc a bunch of internet trolls got wise to their bullshit, and has a lot of strings to pull at their disposal to put a clamp on the losses.

idk how long the chain of ball squeezing goes, but a small group of ppl in this world are squirreling away all the wealth to control for themselves and have been manipulating the markets with hedge funds and shorts for decades, whilst not producing or returning anything of value to the world. and i don’t think they’re centralized like a round table of villains with slicked back hair and eye patches, but their wealth addiction is bleeding the rest of our society dry. GME, a struggling corporation but still incorporated nonetheless, is like a hapless rag doll to these machines.

I agree totally with what you said. I wasn't completely aware of the Robinhood shutdown's impact and the ramifications behind it. Thanks for educating me!

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, frash.exe said:

while agreeing with most of what you said, how do you say the game isn’t rigged when these brokerages are literally prohibiting regular joes from buying GME on their apps... but they’re still able to sell it? if you can sell it, there has to be a buyer, but if you can’t buy it on robinhood, or any brokerage that apparently uses apex clearing, then there is some behind-the-scenes horse poo happening,

Well apparently they didn't have the capital which makes complete sense if a bunch of new people have just opened accounts or swamped their system with deposits to trade and the fact that Robinhood or their creditors front the money on almost all the trades on wall street. That's how they do trades in real time now. It didn't use to work like that.

Also, just because people are buying it doesn't mean enough people were selling it. This thing was 5:1 at one point buy to sell ratio without enough stocks to cover.

That said this doesn't explain how a company like TD Amirtrade or brokerage firms with a lot more Liquidity/Capital weren't able or willing to buy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

Well apparently they didn't have the capital which makes complete sense if a bunch of new people have just opened accounts or swamped their system with deposits to trade and the fact that Robinhood or their creditors front the money on almost all the trades on wall street. That's how they do trades in real time now. It didn't use to work like that.

Also, just because people are buying it doesn't mean enough people were selling it. This thing was 5:1 at one point buy to sell ratio without enough stocks to cover.

That said this doesn't explain how a company like TD Amirtrade or brokerage firms with a lot more Liquidity/Capital weren't able or willing to buy.

My issue here is that they only shut down a handful of stocks and there was major price change that occurred at the same time.

If there was a capital problem then sure,  those stocks may have been the catalyst but it sure looks suspicious since all other stocks play into that capital requirement as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KSpan said:

My issue here is that they only shut down a handful of stocks and there was major price change that occurred at the same time.

If there was a capital problem then sure,  those stocks may have been the catalyst but it sure looks suspicious since all other stocks play into that capital requirement as well.

So my question isn't stock manipulation a crime?

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

Coward.

We. Will. Not. Sell.

Burn it down. 

💠👐

Coward no.  Just years of experience. Someone is going to lose alot of money when this stock drops. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 12:30 PM, t96 said:

This is truly one of the strangest stock market phenomenons I've ever seen in my life. Enjoying the entertainment of following it from afar. 

yeah, everyone is pretty much late to this party at this point. its going to crash eventually as people who are sitting on more money than they make in a year bail. if youve made life changing money and dont bail at this point youre insane.  some idiots are gonna hold out too long and will lose their ass

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lot of conflicting information flowing right now and the whole 'silver squeeze' thing being attributed to online buyers make me think there's still good movement to be had with GME. Going to be a long week.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Whatev said:

Why aren't there congressional inquiries into the methods the 1%ers did not have the same access to the market as the 99%ers?  Big tech/Wall Street has a big hand in this.  

I do know the CEO of RobinHood has a House committee hearing on Feb. 18th. That’s a start, I guess. 
 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKBN2A13O2

Edited by Arroz con Panther
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...