• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deshaun WATSON Officially Requests Trade from Texans

ncstatekwi

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

What are you offering to beat out the Dolphins or Jets if they want him.

Dolphins have 3, 18, Tua, and can offer future 1st

Jets have 2, Seattle's  1sts for 2021 AND 2022, and can off their 1st for 2022, and Darnold 

Now what are you beating that with?

You can only hope they don't wanna trade him within the AFC

To win and be a regular contender you have to have a franchise QB. It is rare for a team without one to be good year to year or make a SB appearance. That said, there is no guarantee any of the QBs in this draft outside of Lawrence are sure fire franchise QBs. It is a gamble. Watson is proven and young. I say get it done. 

4 minutes ago, ncfan said:

What are you offering to beat out the Dolphins or Jets if they want him.

Dolphins have 3, 18, Tua, and can offer future 1st

Jets have 2, Seattle's  1sts for 2021 AND 2022, and can off their 1st for 2022, and Darnold 

Now what are you beating that with?

Yeah, if Watson wants to go to the Jets it's a wrap. They're one of the teams best positioned with trade ammo.

10 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

This. We literally replaced about 80% of his production with a cheap free agent. Not a knock on CMC, he's absolutely the best RB in football. The position itself is just replaceable. 

The only players we should be hesitant to part with are DJ, bc he's super young and cheap atm and Deshaun would need someone to throw to, and Burns, bc he's also super young and cheap atm somebody has to play defense and he's special at a premium position. Everyone else should be on the table. 

For the record,  McCaffrey had 2392 scrimmage yards and 19 tds in 2019.

Mike Davis had 1015 scrimmage yards and 8 tds in 2020.

You may have meant 40% when you wrote 80%.

I'm not saying dollar for dollar it's the best investment but let's not ignore all of McCaffrey's value as a player. I'd love to see what he can do with a good qb in our new scheme. 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

For the record,  McCaffrey had 2392 scrimmage yards and 19 tds in 2019.

Mike Davis had 1015 scrimmage yards and 8 tds in 2020.

You may have meant 40% when you wrote 80%.

I'm not saying dollar for dollar it's the best investment but let's not ignore all of McCaffrey's value as a player. I'd love to see what he can do with a good qb in our new scheme. 

My bad. Doesn't really change the point though, we found a way to produce at the position with cheap options and he was hurt all year, proving that RB is super volatile. I also said CMC was special and the best in the game. Not underselling him, just wondering if that investment might impede an opportunity to grab a franchise QB. Thats a fair question. 

Edited by ImaginaryKev

22 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

We can get a new RB in round 4 or 5 and do RB by committee. Our running game did ot suffer much with Davis instead of CMC. CMC is not a guy that is going to win tons of games for you. He is a nice piece to have if you are ready to compete for a super bowl.

We are not ready to compete for a SB so that’s why he won’t come here.

• Poo 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, if Watson wants to go to the Jets it's a wrap. They're one of the teams best positioned with trade ammo.

Sadly that's the case. The Jets actually would be the ideal trade partner. With the 2 pick and the extras, the Texans could draft their future QB or request Darnold as part of the trade or both. Saleh has his QB and is good and has the foundation of a good oline. Those 2 are a perfect trade match. 

Sadly, here we are with 2 contracts we never should have signed with TB and CMC and are sitting I  cap strapped hell when an opportunity really presents itself. Thanks Marty, you're the best. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Sadly that's the case. The Jets actually would be the ideal trade partner. With the 2 pick and the extras, the Texans could draft their future QB or request Darnold as part of the trade or both. Saleh has his QB and is good and has the foundation of a good oline. Those 2 are a perfect trade match. 

Sadly, here we are with 2 contracts we never should have signed with TB and CMC and are sitting I  cap strapped hell when an opportunity really presents itself. Thanks Marty, you're the best. 

I'm sure the Texans would prefer to move him out of the AFC, but if the Jets have a better offer, moving him to a non-divisional AFC team wouldn't be a terrible option. Miami is the only other team that has that type of draft ammo and...they're also in the AFC.

I mean if we miss out on him to NYJets or Miami but still find a way to keep all our young guys and find a QB going forward like the original off-season plan suggests, I'm fine with that. We can work with that. But man, if Hurney giving a big RB contract is the one thing that kept us from getting the young QB2 in the entire NFL, that's just some chef's kiss poo right there. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm sure the Texans would prefer to move him out of the AFC, but if the Jets have a better offer, moving him to a non-divisional AFC team wouldn't be a terrible option. Miami is the only other team that has that type of draft ammo and...they're also in the AFC.

Plus they have Brian Flores.