• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another season of T.B becoming reality

Jmac

2 minutes ago, Wolfcop said:

Relax, its January

That's how I am. I see the Stafford trade as indicative of two things:

1. Fitt is making good on what he said about being in on every deal (and he said it with a straight face and with a business-as-usual type of attitude).

2. The Rams were "jobbed" by the Lions in their desperation to win a championship in the near future.

We don't know where the Panthers were on the Lions-Stafford spectrum. Moreover, Rhule would not even compare Jones to the four top QBs in the draft when given the opportunity to do so. He said  "I havn't studied those guys enough yet..." So, if you believe him--and he seemed to be obviously hedging a bit--there's still a lot of work to be done!

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I never said anything about Watson, I’ve been saying since the begging I see no way that happens. I was saying no way Teddy is in our short term/long term plans. I Hope we draft a QB, as it’s the best way to bruins for the future being that we are one year away from competing. If we draft a QB Teddy may start the season, but I see no way that he finishes the season as the starter. We are kind of handcuffed by his contract but it is painfully obvious that the team plans on moving on as soon as possible 

You cant throw a rookie into the fire with the OL we have now. David Carr in the making if they did that. 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Jmac said:

You cant throw a rookie into the fire with the OL we have now. David Carr in the making if they did that. 

Agreed. If we draft a QB I have no issue starting Teddy. Idk if he last all season, but we had an average line last year with who we had so you never know how the O line will perform until mid season 

5 hours ago, davos said:

Yep. Bridgewater isn't here next season, I just don't see it.  Post-June 1st cut. 

that would save us about $8m for 2022 and create dead cap of $15m.  Not sure--he may need to play a few games before Lance or Jones is ready

Edited by MHS831

10 hours ago, hepcat said:

Unless something drastic happens, you’re right. Bridgewater is going to be the starter next season. Will there be a rookie as his backup? Maybe, but I’m guessing there won’t be. Panthers really screwed themselves beating Washington as we all know. 

If all the top QBs are gone at 8, Panthers should trade back and accumulate picks. Stack the roster with talent and find a QB next year. With a better team and a healthy CMC, Bridgewater might be just enough to get the team to the playoffs. 

Bridgewater will be the reason the Panthers  get to the playoffs and all that will happen is similar to the Titans. Teams will shut down CMC and Bridgewater can’t win games for you. We won’t get to a Super Bowl as long as Mr. 2 Yards is our QB. 

9 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not necessarily ready to believe in another season of Bridgewater just yet.

I do however think it's possible this might not be the year that we get our franchise QB.

Yeah but if we don’t we are probably stuck with Bridgewater. Next years crop of QBs is looking really bad and even if they like Sam Howell he is likely going 1st overall or in the top 5. 
I don’t think we will be bad enough to get another top 10 pick but I have stayed pat that our 2021 ceiling is 8-8 and our floor is a repeat of this season at 5-11. 
Teams have figured out how to stop Bridgewater. Even if we make the playoffs we will likely encounter what the Titans did this season. Teams will lock down CMC and Bridgewater will be unable to do anything. 

9 hours ago, KSpan said:

This approach has been a head-scratcher for me. My views on Teddy the player are quite clear but still wonder what they've tried to accomplish with so much negative public signalling. Like, why make it completely clear we're looking QB at 8 or in some other fashion while also eviscerating any hint of value he may have had on the market with that contract.

Maybe they think this will motivate him in the scenario they can't get another QB. Still seems weird though.

Motivate how? His arm strength and ability to play isn’t going to improve even if he has a “good offseason”. He is who he is. Heck we saw what happens when he tries to be more of a gunslinger during the final Saints game and he looked really bad. 

2 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

Motivate how? His arm strength and ability to play isn’t going to improve even if he has a “good offseason”. He is who he is. Heck we saw what happens when he tries to be more of a gunslinger during the final Saints game and he looked really bad. 

I really don't know, as I agree that Teddy is what he is as a player. Just speculating as to the seemingly-weird approach to handling thale WB situation.

• Beer 1