• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My final offer for Deshaun

Zod

23 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

At this point I'd just assume trade up for Justin Fields or Zach Wilson.

A trade up to #2 (which is what I will take for Wilson) is going to require basically that exact trade scenario...except we are also still stuck with massive cap hits from both Shaq and CMC. Which means we will have a rookie QB who isn’t ready to “win now” on a team with multiple “win now” contracts bogging things down. 

So if you’re willing to make a deal to get a rookie and want to keep a cap burden but not willing to make a deal to get Watson and unload some cap burden then you need to rethink your philosophy.

These scenarios involving Shaq and CMC is literally the reason that everyone hates Hurney. He was half in and half out in every aspect of the roster. Willy nilly signings to see what sticks and never having an ability to see into the future for situations. He was a total buffoon. 

SO...if you want to take something that Marty Hurney MASSIVELY screwed up on the way out the door. Then turn some of your biggest assets under contract into cap room and a starting QB. Whether the Texans want to make that deal is going to depend heavily on how much they value our picks and having a guy like CMC to energize their fanbase. Their owner could very well say “I can’t gut the team without adding a big name”....CMC is the biggest name they’re going to get and he’s a stabilizer for a rookie on a team with zero expectations. 

Edited by unicar15
Additions

38 minutes ago, Beerfacedlegend said:

That’s terrible dude , way too much for Watson a qb that’s average, there is not much of a drop off between Watson and Goff , and Goff went to a Super Bowl . Watson has always had talent brandin cooks , will fuller two deep threats , Hopkins the best wr in the nfl 

Laughing At You GIF by memecandy

Dude u might just want to quit because ur not looking that smart.

Edited by BurnNChinn

8 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

A trade up to #2 (which is what I will take for Wilson) is going to require basically that exact trade scenario...except we are also still stuck with massive cap hits from both Shaq and CMC. Which means we will have a rookie QB who isn’t ready to “win now” on a team with multiple “win now” contracts bogging things down. 

So if you’re willing to make a deal to get a rookie and want to keep a cap burden but not willing to make a deal to get Watson and unload some cap burden then you need to rethink your philosophy.

These scenarios involving Shaq and CMC is literally the reason that everyone hates Hurney. He was half in and half out in every aspect of the roster. Willy nilly signings to see what sticks and never having an ability to see into the future for situations. He was a total buffoon. 

SO...if you want to take something that Marty Hurney MASSIVELY screwed up on the way out the door. Then turn some of your biggest assets under contract into cap room and a starting QB. Whether the Texans want to make that deal is going to depend heavily on how much they value our picks and having a guy like CMC to energize their fanbase. Their owner could very well say “I can’t gut the team without adding a big name”....CMC is the biggest name they’re going to get and he’s a stabilizer for a rookie on a team with zero expectations. 

Exactly what I’ve been telling everyone u either go for Watson that is a legit QB, stay at 8, option 3 idk I guess it’s ride or die with Teddy. Damn option 3 sucks ass

• Pie 1

I’m open to trading draft picks, even the three firsts that have been mentioned.  I am not trading them any of our young defensive studs, nor am I trading CMC.  McCaffrey isn’t just a RB he’s an offensive nuclear weapon and a complete game wrecker.  He’s just as much a receiving threat as he is running threat.  If I’m getting Watson I want Watson and CMC together causing havoc with DJ and Robby. 

The firsts the Rams traded are two future firsts and they will be late rounders, we are offering a top 10 this year and it’s likely next years even with Watson will be a top 15 pick. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, NJPanthers89 said:

I’m open to trading draft picks, even the three firsts that have been mentioned.  I am not trading them any of our young defensive studs, nor am I trading CMC.  McCaffrey isn’t just a RB he’s an offensive nuclear weapon and a complete game wrecker.  He’s just as much a receiving threat as he is running threat.  If I’m getting Watson I want Watson and CMC together causing havoc with DJ and Robby. 

The firsts the Rams traded are two future firsts and they will be late rounders, we are offering a top 10 this year and it’s likely next years even with Watson will be a top 15 pick. 

This Texans price will come down as this battle goes on between them. They wait till after the draft and they will be screwed. This will happen because Texans want picks not make him stay on the team and retire.

1 minute ago, BurnNChinn said:

This Texans price will come down as this battle goes on between them. They wait till after the draft and they will be screwed. This will happen because Texans want picks not make him stay on the team and retire.

Watson situation will get toxic.  Very toxic.  They will want to move on from before the draft.