• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trade up with Dolphins seems the most likely at this point

AU-panther

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/stafford-trade-panthers-jets-49ers-broncos-bears-colts-patriots-washington

From Breer’s report, the Panthers were the team that offered the most for Stafford outside of what the Rams ultimately gave up. The Panthers reportedly offered the eighth overall pick in this year’s draft along with a late-round pick. This is interesting because to me this team isn’t a Stafford away from competing, but it shows that owner David Tepper and head coach Matt Rhule want to win and win now. I believe they have every intention of upgrading the position and replacing Teddy Bridgewater. At this point in time, I think they are firmly in the running for Watson and I believe they will be very aggressive in their pursuit. If they fail to acquire Watson, then look for the Panthers to trade up into the top 3-4 and select either Zach Wilson or Justin Fields. 

• Pie 2

12 minutes ago, razorwolf said:

To obtain the  3rd overall pick from the Dolphins; the Panthers would have to send the 8th overall pick, mid round pick, and I figure either Bridgewater (which I don't mind) or another veteran player!

It would require much more draft capital than that to  move up to pick three from pick 8. Pick 3 is worth @ 2200 points and pick 8 is worth @1400 points. Without even factoring the likely premium that would have to be paid to position for a QB, the Panthers would likely have to give up this year's first, next year's first, and this year's 2nd round pick (maybe 3rd round) to move up 5 spots.

Panthers' first rounder - 1400

Panthers' first rounder next year - 500 (like a second rounder this year)

Panthers' 2nd rounder this year - 500 (brings the value to 2400, which is a bit of a premium)

If you use Panthers' 3rd rounder this year instead - 230 points (would bring return value to 2130)

Edited by FakePlasticTrees
  • Pie 1

On 2/2/2021 at 6:31 PM, Jared Patterson said:

Verge, Do you and your guy get info on possible upcoming trades and FA moves or is it strictly scouting/draft?

I can drop some buzz I hear, but it probably isn't any different from what you will here on ESPN. The draft is our primary focus.