• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Multiple Teams have reached out to the Jets about Darnold"

ncfan

3 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no more than a second. do that and stock talent around him and i wouldn't hate it if the coaches thought he's a great player in an awful system.

Yep.  He still presses the ball/isn't timid or broken like say Wentz, Goff, or a David Carr looking back a bit.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I get aggressive, but come on, at least let the aggressiveness make sense.  Darnold will be an upgrade from Teddy, but I think his ceiling is a 6.5-7 out of 10.  Repeat, that is his CEILING if he actually reaches it.  Stick to the plan, draft a QB.

Yep! There is something to be said for being overaggressive! And it usually ends up to something negative in regards to football.

1 minute ago, top dawg said:

I think when you get down to it, you must ask yourself if Darnold is worth the 8th pick.

You can ask the question until you are blue in the face but the answer will continue to be and will never change from a "HELL NO"

If we trade for a qb before we evaluate/interview the qb prospects I am going to lose my mind.  If that happens then to me that is a knock against both rhule and fit.

Build through the damn draft.

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Yep, it almost feels like our front office is got up in the frenzy in going after some of these guys, just calm down boys and let the game come to you

Well we have no idea who we have been involved with other than Stafford. All the rest is just reports of "multiple teams." 

I don't know or really care who we are involved with looking at, I am just more speaking to how completely nuts this market is at the moment. I cannot ever recall this kind of feeding frenzy for QB's. 

3 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

nc state football GIF by ADWEEK

Jets missed on that one.

Yeah, and I remember the knock on Allen is the same as the guy in my avatar...underdeveloped, small school prospect that's not ready to be a day 1 starter in this League.  So while the Jets are looking to possibly move on from Darnold, Allen is just hitting his stride.  Granted, Allen had some growing pains for a couple of years, but the Bills have there franchise QB while the Jets are at a crossroads with Darnold.

D1 competition, NFL ready, blah, blah, blah.  The draft is about projection at it's core.  I saw back then that Allen would be the better QB of those two even if he didn't play a tons of game in a power 5 conference.

Chew on that Trey Lance doubters....

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

56 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I get aggressive, but come on, at least let the aggressiveness make sense.  Darnold will be an upgrade from Teddy, but I think his ceiling is a 6.5-7 out of 10.  Repeat, that is his CEILING if he actually reaches it.  Stick to the plan, draft a QB.

In what way would this be an upgrade?

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Well we have no idea who we have been involved with other than Stafford. All the rest is just reports of "multiple teams." 

I don't know or really care who we are involved with looking at, I am just more speaking to how completely nuts this market is at the moment. I cannot ever recall this kind of feeding frenzy for QB's. 

Watson and trubisky.  And if you believe Fits "every deal" comment you would have to think he has kicked the tires on every other available qb.

I just dont think getting a damaged goods qb while giving up precious draft capital is what this franchise needs right now.  In honesty in makes no sense

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Yeah, and I remember the knock on Allen is the same as the guy in my avatar...underdeveloped, small school prospect that's not ready to be a day 1 starter in this League.  So while the Jets are looking to possibly move on from Darnold, Allen is just hitting his stride.  Granted, Allen had some growing pains for a couple of years, but the Bills have there franchise QB while the Jets are at a crossroads with Darnold.

D1 competition, NFL ready, blah, blah, blah.  The draft is about projection at it's core.  I saw back then that Allen would be the better QB of those two even if he didn't play a tons of game in a power 5 conference.

Chew on that Trey Lance doubters....

Yep pick a guy, have the patience and infrastructure to develop him and reap rewards.  Stick at 8 and pick lance.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1