• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still rebuilding?

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've said before that we need to temper our expectations of Brady. This was, after all, his first year is a full-fledged OC.

Now with that said, and to be fair, it's possible that Brady got way more out of Bridgewater than another coach might have.

He had a career year. It's just that his best still isn't good enough. He's never going to be a TD scorer. His limitations are most noticeable in the redzone. He can rack up yards between the 20s but a Teddy led offense is going to stall out I. The redzone a lot. We were 28th in the NFL in redzone TD percentage. This becomes even more problematic when you account for the reality that Teddy isn't a big play guy either.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He had a career year. It's just that his best still isn't good enough. He's never going to be a TD scorer. His limitations are most noticeable in the redzone. He can rack up yards between the 20s but a Teddy led offense is going to stall out I. The redzone a lot. We were 28th in the NFL in redzone TD percentage. This becomes even more problematic when you account for the reality that Teddy isn't a big play guy either.

Be honest- how much of redzone fails on Teddy? How much does 1st year play caller Joe Brady get? CMC had 6 TDs in 3 games, he was MIA for the rest. No TE help at all, which is the best redzone weapon in football. To me theres plenty of blame to go around.

• Pie 1

Just now, Basbear said:

Be honest- how much of redzone fails on Teddy? How much does 1st year play caller Joe Brady get? CMC had 6 TDs in 3 games, he was MIA for the rest. No TE help at all, which is the best redzone weapon in football. To me theres plenty of blame to go around.

When has Teddy ever been a TD scorer? He's always been a poor redzone QB. Checkdowns just tend to be a lot less effective in the redzone because there's a lot less field to cover 

13 minutes ago, ellis said:

This can’t be true. We were told, emphatically that it was 99% Hurneys fault for signing TB. No way the Coach who had full control had anything to do with it. How come there are no quotes like these saying it was Hurneys decision from anyone but one person on a message board? Hmmmm.....

5 minutes ago, Basbear said:

These are many of the same excuses given when the Panthers signed him. 

Just now, Toomers said:

These are many of the same excuses given when the Panthers signed him. 

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When has Teddy ever been a TD scorer? He's always been a poor redzone QB. Checkdowns just tend to be a lot less effective in the redzone because there's a lot less field to cover 

QB does get all the blame it seems. 

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, jackson113 said:

Treat Cam like garbage to " upgrade" to Teddy. Treat Teddy like garbage to upgrade again.. rinse and repeat.  Organization seems like a bunch of assholes to be honest. 

Agree Teddy is garbage but I did see how bad Cam was with Patriots. He is finished, can’t believe people still haven’t figured that out lol.

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

This can’t be true. We were told, emphatically that it was 99% Hurneys fault for signing TB. No way the Coach who had full control had anything to do with it. How come there are no quotes like these saying it was Hurneys decision from anyone but one person on a message board? Hmmmm.....

It was like all decisions- a collaborative effect. Brady spend weeks with Teddy in NO getting him up to speed. Rhule himself was a big fan. Herniay did want to save his job and if Teddy won those close games, he may have saved his arse. The issue is the contract, which is where Herniay has failed repeatedly. Teddy/agent could have been looking for a one year prove it deal, Herniay- "How about 3 with a 2nd year guarantee?". 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

In short, yes, we are still rebuilding.  It is year two.  While I don't expect playoffs, I expect no less than .500.  I mean we were a handful of choked FGs and bad decisions by Bridgewater from that this year.  This with rookies and scrub FAs scattered throughout our defense.

Agree...John Fox went 7-9 his first year as the Panthers HC a year after they went 1-15.  An aging career backup Rodney Peete was the QB during the 7-9 year. Think about that... And we all know his 2nd year they went to the Super Bowl....and were a Patriots last minute field goal of winning it. 
if Rhule does not go at least 8-8 this year it will be a massive disappointment. 

8 minutes ago, Basbear said:

It was like all decisions- a collaborative effect. Brady spend weeks with Teddy in NO getting him up to speed. Rhule himself was a big fan. Herniay did want to save his job and if Teddy won those close games, he may have saved his arse. The issue is the contract, which is where Herniay has failed repeatedly. Teddy/agent could have been looking for a one year prove it deal, Herniay- "How about 3 with a 2nd year guarantee?". 

It was one person’s decision. Others had input but Hurney didn’t force Rhule to do anything. And why would the brand new cap guru they hired hAve put a stop to it? Do you think the 70M coach is listening to the 1M lame duck GM about his biggest area of weakness? Contracts? 

I just find it odd that no reporter, or anyone related to the team, ever mentioned TB as being Hurneys fault until hours after he was fired. Anything like to above quote where Rhule’s coaches liked him for awhile.