• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Still rebuilding?

Mr. Scot

Tepper strikes me as a results now kinda guy. Even when he was saying it was a 5-year process, I didn't really think he would be that patient. I think he expects a winning record in 2021 and playoffs thereafter. I also think no one in the building thinks Teddy is going to get us there. I don't sense any kind of panic, but I do think Rhule learns from his mistakes and knows he/Brady/whoever made one with Teddy and wants to quickly rectify that. 

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, Pup McBarky said:

Tepper strikes me as a results now kinda guy. Even when he was saying it was a 5-year process, I didn't really think he would be that patient. I think he expects a winning record in 2021 and playoffs thereafter. I also think no one in the building thinks Teddy is going to get us there. I don't sense any kind of panic, but I do think Rhule learns from his mistakes and knows he/Brady/whoever made one with Teddy and wants to quickly rectify that. 

Biggest thing for me is that going after Stafford wasn't a "process" thing.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

We reek of desperation right now. Desperation most often times results in poor decision making coupled with even worse decisions trying to mask the poor ones that were previously made (ie hanging on to Ron and Marty to long, signing TB, extending Shaq and Not Bradberry). 

Our owner, as a hedge fund manager, should know this. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper may have talked the talk about being patient but we've shown borderline desperation at the QB position this off-season. The reality of Teddy being what Teddy has always been evidently really caught us off guard. I have no idea why, but as an organization we seem really shook by this.

I don't know what it is about this team sometimes. Many times us fans on a message board could've made better decisions that the ones that played out. Something about being here in Carolina raises the egos of everyone in charge and blinds them.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

I don't know what it is about this team sometimes. Many times us fans on a message board could've made better decisions that the ones that played out. Something about being here in Carolina raises the egos of everyone in charge and blinds them.

I have no idea how we missed the Teddy evaluation so badly. Many of us called it pretty much exactly how it would go because there was ample evidence available that Teddy was a low ceiling utterly risk adverse QB who somehow still has a pretty bad TD:INT ratio. He throws an average amount of INTs while throwing for a significantly below average number of TDs.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper may have talked the talk about being patient but we've shown borderline desperation at the QB position this off-season. The reality of Teddy being what Teddy has always been evidently really caught us off guard. I have no idea why, but as an organization we seem really shook by this.

With Marty Hurney...

"This is gonna take a while, maybe up to five years. I ask you to trust the process."

Scott Fitterer takes over...

"We'll offer you the number eight overall pick, our fifth rounder and Teddy Bridgewater in exchange for Matt Stafford. What do you think?"

• Beer 1