• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brown, Burns & Chinn

saX man

I love the fact that these three are the future of the defense. Each has perennial all-pro potential. YGM could be pretty damn good as well.

Overall, I think any team in the league would be very happy to land any of these guys regardless of scheme.

Now, with this in mind, let’s say we’re talking with Houston, maybe we’ve got 3 1sts, Shaq and a mid rounder on the table. Houston says give me one of those three and it’s a done deal. Who do you give them?

Burns and Chinn just looked so good but I think what many overlook is how quiet of an anchor Brown was and he’s one of those long term plugs that we’d be spoiled with and damn lucky to have.

It sounds like Houston wants 2 defensive young guns so which of the three would you be willing to part with for Watson? This may be the tough decision. I hate to say it but just don’t see us landing him with these three all staying put.

1 minute ago, saX man said:

Now, with this in mind, let’s say we’re talking with Houston, maybe we’ve got 3 1sts, Shaq and a mid rounder on the table. Houston says give me one of those three and it’s a done deal. Who do you give them?

YGM in that scenerio. Those three are off the table.

If I had to choose though I'd say 3 1st and burns. 3 1st, 1 3rd and Brown. Chinn is off the table.

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

YGM in that scenerio. Those three are off the table.

If I had to choose though I'd say 3 1st and burns. 3 1st, 1 3rd and Brown. Chinn is off the table.

Asked this in another thread...

You've got a team that's trading away a young franchise quarterback while also looking to replace a legend in JJ Watt.

Looking at it from their side, do you really believe they're going to say "Sure, Yetur Gross-Matos is fair compensation".

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

If I gotta choose one of the three it’s Chinn. Love the guy and so glad we finally have a good Safety, but the front four is just way too important. 

Brown did a TON that we just did not see on TV.  He is a beast and will dominate next season.  I would not want to be an OL vs him.

And this should be the year Burns becomes elite--especially if he gets some interior pressure. 

It is hard to say who I'd want to lose if we had to trade one.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Brown did a TON that we just did not see on TV.  He is a beast and will dominate next season.  I would not want to be an OL vs him.

And this should be the year Burns becomes elite--especially if he gets some interior pressure. 

It is hard to say who I'd want to lose if we had to trade one.

You're right Brown did do his job and is on his way, our DL could be nasty real quick.

• Pie 2

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Asked this in another thread...

You've got a team that's trading away a young franchise quarterback while also looking to replace a legend in JJ Watt.

Looking at it from their side, do you really believe they're going to say "Sure, Yetur Gross-Matos is fair compensation".

Oh absolutely not. But under his first scenario I wouldn't go any further than Shaq + extra pick + extra player(YGM). Burns or Brown in that instance is too much for Watson end of story.

Take Shaq and an extra pick off the table and give them Burns in the scenario you say I think they'd bite.

Personally anything over 3 first and an midrounder for Watson is too much for where we are and what his contract becomes after this year but huddle gonna huddle and try to sell the farm. Cripplingly us for years in the process.

YGM would replace Watt's physical style of play better than Burns, and they can find a player like PAYE (Michigan) --the draft has some big edge players this year.  in other words, we do not need to directly compensate their loss, but it does make the offer more attractive if we can offer pass rush.