• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers will "pay any price" for Watson (via Sportsnaut via PFN)

top dawg

1 hour ago, top dawg said:

Tepper purchased the Panthers at a lesser dollar amount than what his competition was offering! Remember that?

That was because Tepper had cash and Navarro had an ownership group. 

Richardson wanted a clean write a check sale, and Tepper was the only bidder able to buy the team for 2.3 trillion cash.

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He's probably going to have to go scorched Earth and stop with the innuendo.

I'll say again what I've said elsewhere.

What on God's green earth does Jack Easterby bring to the table that the Texans would be willing to keep him amidst all this when it's pretty obvious that firing him would be a huge step in the right direction?

Heck, from what I've read, firing him would be a good idea even if none of this had ever happened.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

That was because Tepper had cash and Navarro had an ownership group. 

Richardson wanted a clean write a check sale, and Tepper was the only bidder able to buy the team for 2.3 trillion cash.

Richardson or the NFL?

I ask because if I remember correctly, Richardson's son Mark was throwing support behind Ben Navarro.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

We don't have the capital, but they (Dolphins and Jets) are both in position to take a qb in the draft or go with what they have--why would they trade a bunch of picks, etc.?   Panthers need to attempt to trade with Miami and let Houston know--if they think eliminating 2 suitors will drive watson's price up...

Why is Miami all of the sudden being portrayed as this team ready to sell the farm to get a QB this year?

Tua had a solid rookie season and I heard NOBODY before Watson say Miami was ready to move on. Why in the He$$ would Miami give up a top 3 pick and 2 other 1st rounders AND their 2nd year QB to get another QB? 

Is Watson better? Probably, but they're not giving up their whole stockpile of picks for him.

NYJ have Zach Wilson in their grasp, I seriously doubt they're giving up the farm for Watson.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

Why is Miami all of the sudden being portrayed as this team ready to sell the farm to get a QB this year?

Tua had a solid rookie season and I heard NOBODY before Watson say Miami was ready to move on. Why in the He$$ would Miami give up a top 3 pick and 2 other 1st rounders AND their 2nd year QB to get another QB? 

Is Watson better? Probably, but they're not giving up their whole stockpile of picks for him.

NYJ have Zach Wilson in their grasp, I seriously doubt they're giving up the farm for Watson.

In January, they said they were going with Tua--they draft an injured QB, no OTAs, camp, preseason, etc. and they are ready to move on?  That is crazy.

You are right--they have about $27m in cap room and must re-sign players.  They have 2 firsts--the smart play here is to move back, add a second, and still get the T and WR in the first.  

This is a broken situation and the best thing they could do is resist Sunk Cost Fallacy and get a ton for him asap to salvage their bad managerial decisions but they aren't, they're gonna wait til after the draft when teams have already moved on and selected QBs and diminish their only assets trade value, cutting of their nose to spite their own faces bc they don't wanna look weak in this situation. Just a mess

Edited by ImaginaryKev
  • Beer 1