• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2023 7th for Isaiah Wilson??

15 minutes ago, ncfan said:

Hard Pass.

Was talking with someone who works in the Nasheville area covering sports out there.

And hard hard pass here.  From some of the stuff he was saying about Wilson this past year.  I wouldn't touch him.

I’d want to know what happened there. Just some bad blood between him and the Titans. I have no idea why. I’d also put a call in to Kirby and ask about him. I definitely don’t recall seeing anything about him that screamed warning flags effort wise/headcase. He was rated as a day 2 pick, that could sneak into 1st. Something really broke down. 

If you can get a first round talent at 6th round prices you snag him and hope he makes it a few years without blowing up. If he flops you cut him for cheap. If he turns things around you have a good addition to your line for a few years before he can ask for big money. 

• Pie 2
4 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

kick the tires. hwoever, if you trade for him you have to take on his 1st round contract.

His contract is nothing. The acquiring team only takes on the base salary. The highest salary in his contract is $2,187,508 in the final year. He could be cut at any moment with no ill affect.

Edited by Moo Daeng
  • Pie 1
9 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Guy had a few issues as a rookie, but will hopefully mature, and maybe a change of scenery will do good.

As for his play, he has the measurables and size to be a starting tackle, but he has a flaws in technique, trouble with his foot movement on the edge, and lets pass rushers get into him. I think a move to RG would be best, and believe he would be a stud at RG.

Maybe offer a 2022 7th that covers to a 4th if he plays ? percent of our offensive snaps. It's the 1st round contract $ that would worry me most.

you just offered a fourth rounder for a guy they are going to cut lol 

I guess there's an argument for "it's not going to cost us anything", but damn. Seems like a Barret Robbins thing waiting to happen, but at least Robbins played a few years. This guy couldn't even get on the field.

6 hours ago, ncfan said:

Hard Pass.

Was talking with someone who works in the Nasheville area covering sports out there.

And hard hard pass here.  From some of the stuff he was saying about Wilson this past year.  I wouldn't touch him.

Any details?

For the trade people, ya'll know this dude is gonna get cut, right?

Why even trade a 7th rounder that might be able to be an ultra cheap second or third string player for a guy that might be a 2nd or 3rd stringer with a first round contract.

Let's not forget that pick was largely viewed as a reach.

Edited by kungfoodude
30 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

For the trade people, ya'll know this dude is gonna get cut, right?

Why even trade a 7th rounder that might be able to be an ultra cheap second or third string player for a guy that might be a 2nd or 3rd stringer with a first round contract.

Because if you want him, it is safer to go ahead and trade a 6th or 7th round pick for him as opposed to trying to compete with other teams to sign him in FA.

Not saying I want him.  Just explaining the rationale behind why you would give up a pick for him, even if you think he's going to get cut.  It secures you his services.

• Pie 2