• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Marino The draft network QB scoring and write ups

4 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

His scale is either wrong or he's grading WAY too hard.  According to his scale Wilson and Fields are not top 10 picks and Trey Lance is a 2nd rounder.  WRONG.

No its completely right, everyone is just blinded by the need for QB.  

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Supply and demand. 5 QBs considered to be 1st round this year because there are a dozen teams needing one. In a typical year there's probably only 2 or 3 going in round 1. 

So why waste a top ten pick on a should be 2nd rounder

56 minutes ago, jfra78 said:

No its completely right, everyone is just blinded by the need for QB.  

Wilson is just as good as Kyler Murray coming out. Zach Wilson is a top 5 player in this draft. It is ridiculous to come to any other conclusion IMO 

• Pie 1

The NFL brought this problem on themselves.  They've continued to emphasis offense over defense, and every offense starts with the QB.  It was much easier in the past to compete with an "average" QB, but you now need a "good" QB just to compete week in week out.  The college game isn't preparing it's QB's for the NFL properly because of all the vastly simplified one read systems.

One day we'll see a shift, I hope.  I'd like to see teams at least have a chance without that super high level QB, mostly because there are so few of them.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, BrianS said:

The NFL brought this problem on themselves.  They've continued to emphasis offense over defense, and every offense starts with the QB.  It was much easier in the past to compete with an "average" QB, but you now need a "good" QB just to compete week in week out.  The college game isn't preparing it's QB's for the NFL properly because of all the vastly simplified one read systems.

One day we'll see a shift, I hope.  I'd like to see teams at least have a chance without that super high level QB, mostly because there are so few of them.

I would love for there to be a shift back to more defense and running game but with the TV ratings the way they are for the NFL, don't expect it any time soon.

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

His scale is either wrong or he's grading WAY too hard.  According to his scale Wilson and Fields are not top 10 picks and Trey Lance is a 2nd rounder.  WRONG.

It’s because of the risk/reward IMO. He has the potential to be the best of the group, but could also struggle against better competition. Because if the importance of the position I think he is worth a first round pick.